Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Hyundai UAM is excited to help people get from A to B as smoothly as possible. Our passion is to save you time and take friction out of your passenger journey.
Nobody likes traffic. What do we do about it? Henry Ford dreamed about solving this 2-D problem with a 3-D solution: take mobility to the skies.
Making this happen will take a village. Challenging business problems -- that have no prior case study or easy answer -- will need to be solved. The Commercial Planning & Strategy team exists to help guide our organization on major strategic and business case decisions.
How do we build a strong business -- what makes this a compelling business, what kind of business model best delivers that?
How do we open this market up -- what should our go-to-market strategy be? How do we build a durable competitive advantage?
These are big, bold questions -- and we're incredibly excited to answer them. We want to be radically open-minded in how we answer them. We don't have pre-conceived notions. We don't have all the answers. That is a journey for us to take, together.
I invite you to join us.
What you can do:
We are extremely open-minded for all the ways you can transform the future of mobility. Our work will cover many topics, including (non-exhaustive):
- Business case across the value chain
- Go to market strategy
- M&A, valuation, and external investments
- Commercial planning
- Competitive intelligence
- Work closely with colleagues in Financial Planning and Business Analytics (no siloed approaches, no isolated methods)
What you can contribute:
- Apprenticeship as an economist, central banker, statistician, venture capitalist, or investment banker at a top-tier institution
- Executive-level communication, story-telling, and persuasion skills
- Strong business judgment and calibration
- Proven ability to independently drive assignments with an appropriate amount of direction
- Negotiation skills a plus
- Passion for future technology and impact, with strong sense of entrepreneurial drive (“can do!” and “must do!” attitude)
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.