Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
One of the keys to success for the UAM industry is achieving the production volumes and affordability of the automotive industry, while maintaining the highest safety and quality standards and processes of the aerospace world. Procurement and supply chain play a critical role in achieving this ambitious vision, and helping the UAM market take flight.
What you can do:
As the Head of Procurement and Supply chain you will be responsible for establishing and leading an industry-leading organization focused on delivering a resilient and affordable supply base that achieves the highest standards of safety and quality to support the UAM division’s needs.
This leader will structure, hire, and enable a world-class organization of high-performing teams dedicated to driving affordability, safety, and continuous improvement throughout the supply base. You will build and manage teams that will set category strategy, drive procurement processes and negotiations with suppliers, and govern continuous improvement initiatives with our chosen supplier partners.
This is a unique opportunity to design a world-class procurement and supply chain organization from the ground up, while leveraging the impressive scale, reach, and infrastructure of the Hyundai Motor Group.
- Manage and lead procurement and supply chain processes in close collaboration with partnerships, manufacturing, engineering, and other departments
- Establish process to design bids, select suppliers, evaluate responses, negotiate/finalize contracts, and ensure continuous execution
- Work with partnerships, strategy, and engineering teams to set robust category strategies
- Manage a team of procurement and purchasing professionals across multiple locations
- Develop and run an analytical approach to evaluating bids and supplier performance
- Design innovative contracting mechanisms to address key challenges in the supply base
- Working with policy, vet suppliers and ensure compliance with relevant FAA regulations
- Work closely with the CIO’s office to detail requirements for digital infrastructure to support supply chain traceability needs
- Track, measure, and report progress against milestones and KPIs for supply chain initiatives—and develop corrective action plans as needed
- Provide market intelligence, category price trends, and identify category-specific best practices in procurement
- Manage a wide range of senior-level supplier relationships
What you can contribute:
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in supply chain and/or procurement
- Must have experience directly managing procurement/supply chain teams
- MBA preferred; MA or BA in supply chain, aeronautical engineering, or similar field preferred
- Preferred experience in aviation, automotive, or the mobility space with UAS or UAM
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%, in cases where co-location with Engineering or other teams is required
- Experience with and deep familiarity with FAA regulations regarding supply chain and production
- Capable of driving bid processes and supplier relationships independently
- Experience with legal agreements and contract negotiation preferred
- Comfortable managing cross-functional projects with excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with internal and external senior business leaders
- Analytical and collaborative approach to problem solving
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.