Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do
We are looking for a Lab Manager to help with setting up and managing daily operation in our labs. This position is a part of Battery Technology & Innovation team, which is responsible for developing advanced technologies for energy storage system in aviation applications. The candidate will work closely with battery engineers, research scientists, facility team and EHS team to ensure smooth operations of battery-related labs. Our ideal candidate has significant experience in managing high voltage battery systems lab and has worked in rechargeable battery R&D environment
What you can do:
- Responsible for setting up new battery-related lab and overseeing its daily operations
- Work with equipment vendors and facility team to prepare for and to install new equipment
- Work with EHS team to establish safe practice protocols. Provide training to lab’s users to ensure EHS policies and all lab’s operation’s policies are complied
- Manage lab inventory and equipment’s maintenance schedule. Work with equipment vendors for necessary calibrations and reparations
- Provide routine updates with stakeholders on statuses and plans for lab’s testing activities and lab’s budgets
What you can contribute:
- Technology enthusiasm with bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience with lab test equipment, setting up fixtures related to testing of battery
- Experience in working with Li-ion battery systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Able to demonstrate data analysis and data interpretation skills. Excellent with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Candidates with experience in managing HV Li-ion battery system lab preferred
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.