Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Hyundai Urban Air Mobility Division is looking for a technical lead for the Flight Controls systems team. This person will lead the systems team to establish architecture, define requirements, create and analyze the system safety in development of the flight controls systems. This position will also define the system best practices and system philosophy. The systems lead will work closely with the Control Law and Software leads to define the I/O architecture and the flight controls sensors required. This position will lead software build content and scheduling in partnership with the Control Law lead and head of Flight Controls. This position will also be heavily involved in leading certification efforts for the flight control system.
What you can do:
- Technical lead for Flight Controls systems team
- Establish architecture including hardware, actuator, and sensor decisions
- Define and maintain systems requirements
- Lead build content and schedule in coordination with Control Law lead and Head of Flight Controls
- Oversee certification activities including documents, test planning, and test reports
- Oversee system safety analysis
- Interface with powertrain, avionics, and other IPTs for flight controls interface
- Define and maintain progress metrics to keep team and management up-to-date on status, KPIs, risk, and mitigation plans
- Communicate systems team status to Head of Flight Controls
What you can contribute:
- Experienced in team leadership and project management
- Experience with Fly-by-wire aircraft systems
- Experience with actuator architecture development – EMA experience desired
- Experience with supplier management and engagement
- Experience with requirements and configuration management in software development flow
- Experience with hardware development of flight control computers
- Experience in analyzing and choosing sensor packages (inertial, GNS, airdata)
- DO-178B/C, DO-160, DO-254, ARP 4754A, ARP 4761 familiarity
- Experience with system safety including creating and analyzing fault trees, system safety reliability, FHA, SSAs, common mode analysis, zonal analysis
- Familiarity with FAA part 23/25/27/29 or other certification experience
- Highly collaborative and great communication skills
- Experience with agile process is a plus
You may also be able to:
- Experience on aircraft with multiple different modes of flight
- B.S. in aerospace, electrical, or a relevant engineering field
- M.S. in aerospace, electrical, or a relevant engineering field a positive
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.