Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
We are looking for an engineer experienced in Civil Aviation Certification to support our engineering team. This position will be responsible for assisting in the development of robust certification processes and procedures, along with managing civil certification projects for our engineering team. This role requires an experienced professional with expertise in FAA Type Certification and Foreign Validation. The Certification Project Specialist is responsible for identification of regulatory requirements, preparation and completion of certification plans and compliance check lists, conformity inspection plans, as well as other certification documents. You will work closely with the research & development verticals. Our ideal candidate is a team player, a mentor, and exhibits a can-do attitude while approaching their work with vigor and determination.
What you can do:
- Responsible for Civil Certification Project Execution – identification or regulatory requirements, development of mean of compliance, certification plans, regulator interface
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the team and/or cross-disciplinary research & development teams working on the development & certification of autonomous, passenger carrying, eVTOL aircraft
- Assist the technical team in execution of the certification projects through monitoring progress, providing technical direction, and problem solving solutions
- Prepare documents and plans that assure Hyundai UAM Engineering projects comply with regulations. This includes the preparation and completion of compliance checklists, certification plans, conformity inspection plans, issue paper responses, and FAA forms as applicable
- Mentor junior certification engineers in all aspects of Civil Certification
- Ensure that regulatory compliance is integral to the development process
- Promote awareness to the type certification process and requirements across the broader Engineering team
- Participates in product design reviews, and provide actionable design guidance related to the product’s test and certification plan
- Represent department during meetings with program management, other senior leaders, and general staff as noted above, and with government representatives (Internal and external)
What you can contribute:
- B.S. in the areas of Aerospace/Aeronautical, Mechanical, Systems, Industrial Engineering or other related fields
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the FAA Type Certification and Production Certificate processes
- Direct experience working with FAA personnel and designers
- Experience with requirements management
- Familiarity with ARP4754A and ARP4761 safety processes
- 5+ years in systems design, development, safety analysis, integration, and certification
- Critical thinker, adept at relationship building and leading through influence
You may also be able to:
- M.S. in Aerospace/Aeronautical, Mechanical, Systems, Industrial Engineering or other related fields
- Experience with 14 CFR Parts 23, 25, 27, 29, Direct experience with aircraft Type Certification programs
- Experience with foreign validation of FAA Type Certificate
- Experience with electric propulsion air or ground vehicles
- Experience with 14 CFR 33 & 35
- Experience with DO-254 and/or DO-178 certification
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.