Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Hyundai UAM recognizes that data science & analytics will shape the next decade of future mobility. As a result, our global Commercial Planning & Strategy team is building a Data Science & Analytics team to support business and operational decision-making for Urban Air Mobility.
This team will draw upon simulation, modeling, and the full suite of analytics to address open questions in infrastructure planning, network design, contingency operations, pricing, product feature trade-offs, strategy, cost analysis, and visual data synthesis.
Data science and analytics team members will partner closely with the Strategy and Financial Planning teams, as well as with Partnerships and R&D to drive recommendations with relevant executives throughout the company. Data Science is embedded in our decision flow, supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning. This position will report to the Data Science Manager. Our ideal candidate has a robust track record in data science, simulation, and advanced analytics.
What you can do:
- Build models to address open business and operational questions, including sensitivity analysis, edge cases, simulated outcomes, and big data assessments
- Drive both ad-hoc and long-term research in infrastructure, networks, flight operations, economics, product development, financial costing, and visualization
- Analyze the impact of proposed business decisions on Hyundai UAM’s business
- Synthesize takeaways for review with working collaborators in Strategy, Financial Planning, Partnerships, Policy, and other functions
- Develop dynamic "plug-and-play" decision-making tools that allow executives to war-game scenarios by toggling across scenarios
- Help support assessment of R&D product feature trade-off’s, in coordination with PMO and Financial Planning stakeholders
What you can contribute:
- M.A. or M.S. in computer science, mathematics, or applied mathematics (PhD’s in relevant area could provide additional fit)
- Experience with Data Science and Analytics, Simulation and Modeling
- Outstanding coding skills -- strong analytical, modelling, and presentation skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, checking your own work for quality and bugs
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, and execution focused
- Highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.