Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Hyundai UAM recognizes that data science & analytics will shape the next decade of future mobility. As a result, our global Commercial Planning & Strategy team is building a Data Science & Analytics team to support business and operational decision-making for Urban Air Mobility.
This team will draw upon simulation, modeling, and the full suite of analytics to address open questions in infrastructure planning, network design, contingency operations, pricing, product feature trade-offs, strategy, cost analysis, and visual data synthesis.
Data science and analytics team members will partner closely with the Strategy and Financial Planning teams, as well as with Partnerships and R&D to drive recommendations with relevant executives throughout the company. Data Science is embedded in our decision flow, supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning. This position will report to the Data Science Manager. Our ideal candidate has a robust track record in data science, simulation, and advanced analytics.
What you can do:
- Build models to address open business and operational questions, including sensitivity analysis, edge cases, simulated outcomes, and big data assessments
- Drive both ad-hoc and long-term research in infrastructure, networks, flight operations, economics, product development, financial costing, and visualization
- Analyze the impact of proposed business decisions on Hyundai UAM’s business
- Synthesize takeaways for review with working collaborators in Strategy, Financial Planning, Partnerships, Policy, and other functions
- Develop dynamic "plug-and-play" decision-making tools that allow executives to war-game scenarios by toggling across scenarios
- Help support assessment of R&D product feature trade-off’s, in coordination with PMO and Financial Planning stakeholders
What you can contribute:
- M.A. or M.S. in computer science, mathematics, or applied mathematics (PhD’s in relevant area could provide additional fit)
- Experience with Data Science and Analytics, Simulation and Modeling
- Outstanding coding skills -- strong analytical, modelling, and presentation skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, checking your own work for quality and bugs
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, and execution focused
- Highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.