Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
As a new division of Hyundai Motor Group, our world-class team is working together to develop a completely new product, eVTOL, and build a new industry. Our team has been committed to the highest levels of excellence from the outset, and our human resources team is a key partner to ensuring UAM’s success.
We are looking for a savvy compensation professional with strong total rewards experience with an orientation in customer/client service. Our new Compensation & Benefits Associate position is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company compensation and benefits programs. You will conduct job evaluations and salary surveys, establish salary structures, design incentive plans, develop salary budgets, and prepare policies and procedures to insure equitable and competitive pay. You will also maintain working knowledge of the federal and state legislation influencing compensation and benefits to ensure programs are current with regulations and practices, trends, and costs.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape a topflight human resources team for a high-growth, fast-paced innovative company.
This role will report to the Head of Corporate HR, and is based in Washington, D.C.
What you can do:
- Develop, administer, and enhance compensation, benefit and recognition programs, policies and plans to attract, motivate and retain company workforce (base pay, variable pay, long-term incentives, executive compensation, PTO and flexible work schedules, defined benefit and contribution plans, rewards and recognition plans, health and welfare benefits plans, etc.)
- Develop and present annual compensation committee proposal for senior management approval
- Analyze total rewards programs to ensure alignment with company pay philosophy
- Ensure total rewards programs, policies and documentations are compliant with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Participate in national and local pay and benefit surveys to analyze results and develop recommendations
- Perform job analysis evaluations to develop salary grade structures
- Negotiate and interface with third-party benefits consultants to provide competitive, employee-friendly, inclusive plans at cost effective rates
- Develop annual benefits proposal for senior management approval
- Benchmark and research innovative, creative benefits programs and policies
- Track cost expenditures for compliance with budgets
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration or equivalent; master's degree preferred
- 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience designing, implementing and managing a total rewards program
- Experience in developing, designing and introducing new and/or enhanced compensation & benefit programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy. In addition, teamwork skills are a must along with the ability to grasp new technologies.
- Outcome-oriented "doer" who enjoys rolling up your sleeves and doing what needs to get done
- Committed to supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment where all ideas, people and perspectives are seen, heard, and valued
- Certifications preferred: Certified Compensation Professional(CCP), Certified Benefits Professional(CBP), Certified Employee Benefit Specialist(CEBS)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Preferred experience in aviation, automotive, and the mobility space with UAS or UAM
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.