Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
As a new division of Hyundai Motor Group, our world-class team is working together to develop a completely new product, eVTOL, and build a new industry. Our team has been committed to the highest levels of excellence from the outset, and our human resources team is a key partner to ensuring UAM’s success.
We are looking for a seasoned Human Resources Business Partner with strong values and orientation in customer/client service. Our new HRBP will facilitate organizational and leadership development efforts, working with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues. You will play an integral role in administering talent management and succession planning activities, and in developing HR solutions through cultural and process perspectives. You will also drive company-wide programs such as compensation reviews, performance reviews, workforce planning, etc. Our ideal candidate will be viewed as a strategic business partner, change agent, and valued member of the line management staff.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape a topflight human resources team for a high-growth, fast-paced innovative company.
This role will report to the Head of Corporate HR, and is based in Washington, D.C.
What you can do:
General HR Management and Organizational Development
- Integrate with senior management to define and execute a corporate HR strategy to achieve business outcomes in alignment with corporate initiatives
- Develop, administer and communicate corporate policies including fair and equitable disciplinary practices at the business unit or organizational level
- Serve as a business partner, change agent to business leadership; initiate and manage strategic engagements with leaders to ensure desired organizational culture is achieved
- Coach and train managers to ensure proper consideration of corporate policies, practices, and laws and regulations related to work processes and decision making
- Lead HR functional support for assigned business segment/portfolio
- Drive organizational excellence through workforce strategy development/planning, leadership capability development, performance and talent management, employee rewards and recognition, etc.
- Lead talent assessment, succession planning and leadership development efforts for internal employees
- Partner with senior management to design organizational structure, maximize employee engagement and retention, and align human capital with business strategy and new growth opportunities
- Partner with business leaders and the recruitment team to develop strategic hiring/staffing plans in conjunction with business strategies and initiatives
- Partner with recruiting colleagues; transition hires into new roles during the onboarding phase
Performance Management, Coaching, and Talent Management
- Coach leaders to set clear expectations through effective goal setting and honest and constructive feedback
- Optimize employee contributions through effective performance management and recognition
- Identify critical roles within the organization and create action plans to improve readiness of incumbents; identify talent needs, risks, and gaps.
- Develop retention and development plans to target high potential employees and critical roles
- Coach leaders to make decisions that have broad impact related to labor costs, employee retention, engagement and incentivizing desired performance outcomes
- Assist in the identification, investigation and resolution of HR related issues and concerns
- Assist in employee relations counseling, and outplacement counseling
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration or equivalent; master's degree preferred
- 5 - 10 years of relevant human resources experience
- Experience in an HRBP role, with demonstrated success driving results through the translation of business priorities into actionable human capital strategies and initiatives
- Experience coaching and developing executives and leaders to achieve business outcomes
- Outcome-oriented "doer" who enjoys rolling up your sleeves and doing what needs to get done
- Energetic, business-minded, safety conscious, strategic, emotionally-intelligent and creative
- Committed to supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment where all ideas, people and perspectives are seen, heard, and valued.
- Preferred experience in aviation, automotive, and the mobility space with UAS or UAM
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.