We're looking for a DevOps Engineering Manager to join our operational staff at our HQ in Derry~Londonderry, Northern Ireland. This office works alongside the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As our DevOps Engineering Manager you will be responsible for directly overseeing the implementation, deployment, and integration of solutions, taking responsibility for their successful delivery for a range of stakeholders.
Who you are:
- You’re a DevOps Engineering Manager with a proven track record of experience
- You’re self driven and can work asynchronously
- You’re passionate about technology, security and automation
Some of your role:
- Create and foster the technical vision and standards for the team
- Work closely with studio wide stakeholders to enable teams and remove blockers
- Create and architect automation solutions for access control, auditing, etc.
- Craft policies that will be implemented at a studio level
- Evaluating tools and platforms for use
- Setting up and configuring software/platforms at a studio level
- 5+ years of systems administration experience
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise Linux, Mac, Windows environments
- Deep knowledge of networking architecting
- Experience managing Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Manager and SCCM, Terraform
- Experience in Python, Powershell, SAML, SSO, Node JS
- Experience in protecting against large scale (security) attacks
- Architecting security solutions for large scale deployments
- Able to mentor, level up teammates, as well as creating and running team rituals
- Infosec Experience
- Experience working with and supporting remote teams in multiple time zones.
- Experience of a working in a gaming environment
- Experience with the following but not limited to:
- Google Workspace (eg. Google Docs / Calendar etc.)
- Miro / Trello
- Windows licensing
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.