We're looking to expand our server team within the Hypixel Studios engine team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our server development team you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of server-side systems and features. You will be continuously communicating with producers, game designers and other engineers to ensure our players are having the best experience while enjoying our games.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with server/backend software development Java programming experience, including the ability to understand and analyze scalability, memory and performance requirements
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to build systems from the beginning all the way to completion
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities in code and through system design
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization using profilers like YourKit
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks
- Passionate about games and gaming
- Experience with C#
- Experience with application and network protocols as well as relevant libraries such as Netty.
- Experience with entity component systems and data driven systems
We can offer
- A chance to work on a Hytale game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely