Are you ready to join the team designing the future of mobility? HyperloopTT is looking to onboard a remote contributor specializing in Industrial Design. The future is now boarding, join us.
The HyperloopTT Design team utilizes a broad range of skills to develop human-centric solutions for hyperloop stations, infrastructure and capsules while prioritizing sustainability, design thinking and material innovation. Our passionate team works in close collaboration with leading global design partners to define the future of travel and an unprecedented experience.
As a HyperloopTT Industrial Designer, you will design the human interface components of HyperloopTT capsules and relevant products. You will lead the effort to ensure that the HyperloopTT capsule enables a seamless passenger experience.
HyperloopTT created the world’s first crowd-collaboration model connecting experts from around the world to build the first commercial hyperloop systems. This is a remote position with 10+ hours a week in exchange for stock options.
- Develop design proposals for HyperloopTT capsules, ranging from broad design themes to specific component-level features
- Create compelling sketches that show HyperloopTT’s vision for the future of transportation and passenger experience
- Collaborate with engineers and design partners to find solutions that fulfill design vision and engineering constraints
- Participate in cross-functional strategy, timing, and process discussion as it pertains to capsule development
- Occasionally participate in design efforts outside of your area of expertise as necessary and as your skill set allows
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in automotive or transportation design, or equivalent experience demonstrated by ability
- Experience working in advanced and production design of transportation
- Must understand fundamental concepts of transportation design and engineering
- Knowledgeable understanding of materials used for transportation vehicles interior and exterior and their impact on passenger experience
- High level of skill taking 2D sketches to 3D modeling
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Apps and 3D modeling tools such as Rhinoceros, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, Maya, etc
Who You Are
- Passionate about the hyperloop and other new innovations
- A proactive self-starter able to add value to our unique organizational structure
- Independent thinker, problem solver and learner that can effectively collaborate in teams
- Adaptable, quality-driven and results-oriented
- Respond to feedback and suggestions in a positive manner
- Creative with high aesthetic standards
- Human-centric thinking
- Passionate about new technology
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
HyperloopTT is a collective of mobility innovators catalyzing the first breakthrough transportation in a century. From the beginning, we have united experts across the globe to realize the hyperloop and create a frictionless travel experience. We are passionate about the journey, looking to obstacles as opportunities and doubters as inspiration. We are far from dreamers; we are doers. We move forward every day. Come join us.