To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Virgin Hyperloop is looking for experienced engineers who can develop and implement processes to fully build and integrate the Vehicle. This role is based in Los Angeles, with travel to our Las Vegas build/test facility.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work daily with hardware design engineers to incorporate design for manufacturing, assembly and testing.
- Provide technical direction (priorities, assembly strategy)to ensure timely completion of build milestones.
- Manage corrective actions from working nonconformances. Work with quality engineers to find root cause and resolve for future builds.
- Work with outside vendors and contract manufacturers to develop and implement manufacturing processes
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- BS or MS in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or related fields
- Developed and authorized work instructions and/or test procedures to build and test structural, mechanical, electrical and/or thermal sub-systems.
- Led integration operations including assembly, critical lifting and verification testing operations
- Worked in a development and/or volume production environment
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities over a multi-month timeline
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions and presentations on complex manufacturing topics to technicians, engineers and managers
- Demonstrated ability to review and interpret complex part and assembly drawings
- Interfaced with an interdisciplinary team of design, systems, manufacturing, quality and project engineers, as well as outside vendors.
- Possess a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in complex engineering systems.
- Able to find efficient solutions and make robust decisions given limited information.
- Strong communication, organizational and team playing skills
NICE TO HAVE
- 4+ years of professional experience in one or more of the following:
- Integration or manufacturing of aerospace vehicles, satellites, fuselage structures
- Integration or manufacturing integration of automotive vehicles
- Integration or manufacturing of large, complex or high precision machinery, equipment or assemblies
- Leadership experience as a project engineer or project manager
- Experience in an R&D environment or startup
- Strong knowledge of a range of manufacturing processes
- Experience with NX and Teamcenter
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
Now is your chance to leave your mark on the future. If the thought of building a sustainable, completely new form of high-speed transport sounds exciting, come join our team. Virgin Hyperloop is the first company in the world to have put passengers on a Hyperloop system, and now we’re creating an all-electric cargo transport system for the third millennium. Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the best of the best in engineering talent. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that’s never been done before, a history-making, global solution that will shape the future of logistics and mobility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, vision, dental coverage, and 401(k). We also offer a generous daily lunch stipend, a dog-friendly environment, unlimited vacation for Exempt employees, and a culture that values diversity and inclusion.