To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The project engineering team at Virgin Hyperloop is responsible for the technical oversight and execution of the design of the subsystem and components of the VH products. We are seeking candidates with expertise in infrastructure design and development to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Plan and direct the work of the highly skilled engineers, technicians and infrastructure consultants to achieve project objectives
- Monitor, measure and drive execution of your project objectives
- Actively work with the discipline managers and program managers to ensure that engineering deliverables for your team are completed on schedule and on budget
- Provide technical direction throughout the execution of your project
- Identify resource needs for your project activities and coordinate closely with discipline managers
- Work closely and collaboratively with the rest of the organization to find efficient design solutions
- Establish effective communication habits with departments inside and outside of engineering
- Help remove roadblocks to enable the team to progress
- Drive the best decisions for the business based on facts, reasoning and proper judgement
- Prepare summary reports and metrics of the execution performance of your project
- Provide frequent feedback to discipline managers on employee performance
- Maintain good communication with the head of engineering and direct supervisor
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
Candidates must have strong communication and collaboration skills, be able to solve complex problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In addition, the candidate must possess the following:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in civil engineering
- Acted as Engineer of Record for complete project lifecycle (design, tender, construction, commissioning)
- Experience in coordination of multi-disciplinary projects involving architectural, mechanical, and electrical using Revit and BIM360
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be capable of communicating across time zones and cultures to collaborate with international development and manufacturing partners as needed.
NICE TO HAVE
- M.S. in Civil Engineering or related field
- Planning and delivery with capital infrastructure projects in aviation or rail
- Experience in the creation of output specifications, reference concept design, and design guidelines for design-build and/or Public-Private Partnerships (P3) projects
- Knowledge of PLM system such as Teamcenter, PLM360 or Smarteam
- Ability to manage, monitor, and review consultants
- Experience in fast-paced environments with the ability to move designs forward and pivot quickly as requirements are developed
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOPNow is your chance to leave your mark on the future. If the thought of building a sustainable, completely new form of high-speed transport sounds exciting, come join our team. Virgin Hyperloop is the first company in the world to have put passengers on a Hyperloop system, and now we’re creating an all-electric cargo transport system for the third millennium. Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the best of the best in engineering talent. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that’s never been done before, a history-making, global solution that will shape the future of logistics and mobility.