To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Software Engineer will be part of the Machine Intelligence & Analytics (MI&A) Department, contributing to the overall design and development of core algorithms enabling the autonomous operation of the Virgin Hyperloop Transportation System, including onboard decision-making, motion planning, perception, and safety protection. The engineer will work closely with the rest of the MI&A department to develop libraries, toolchains, prepare autonomous control software for Software-in-The-Loop (SIL) and Hardware-in-The-Loop (HIL) tests, perform analysis, and iterate system and algorithm design. Additionally, the engineer will work with and act as an interface to the Control System Department, ensuring developed algorithms are well matched to compute, control, and sensor systems onboard the Virgin Hyperloop vehicle.
Ultimately, we will design a safe, autonomous, and intelligent command and control system that make Hyperloop a reality. We are seeking highly passionate and self-motivated candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and develop core onboard autonomous control algorithms and software in C++.
- Establish, improve, and verify scalable decision-making framework/library/toolchain.
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering department to identify safety risks, define, develop, and test contingency resolution strategies.
- Analyze simulation data and evaluate developed algorithm with safety and performance metrics.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning physical and logical architecture in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- MS degree in robotics, computer science, mechanical/electrical engineering, or equivalent fields.
- Proficiency in C++/STL and Linux environment and strong production software development abilities.
- Knowledge/experience with decision-making frameworks (finite state machine, decision tree, behavior tree, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and excellent foundation in data structure and algorithms, control theory, linear algebra, optimization, etc.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience delivering avionics, automotive, or other safety critical software products.
- Domain expertise and knowledge in field of decision-making, transportation, logistics, and autonomous systems.
- Strong research ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity.
- Authorized to work in the U.S
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOPNow is your chance to leave your mark on the future. If the thought of building a sustainable, completely new form of high-speed transport sounds exciting, come join our team. Virgin Hyperloop is the first company in the world to have put passengers on a Hyperloop system, and now we’re creating an all-electric cargo transport system for the third millennium. Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the best of the best in engineering talent. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that’s never been done before, a history-making, global solution that will shape the future of logistics and mobility.