To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
We are looking to identify a Product Manager for our Hyperloop Infrastructure. In this role, you will be responsible for product planning and execution of this transportation infrastructure aspect of our product through its entire lifecycle. In particular, the you will be responsible for gathering and prioritizing requirements for the transportation infrastructure, defining the vision for the infrastructure, and collaborating with engineering, marketing, sales, procurement, legal, and operations to ensure the transportation infrastructure can be deployed and meet its output specifications.
You will be a seasoned transportation or transit professional with demonstrated success in managing linear infrastructure, complex structures, and wayside systems utilized for an autonomous transportation system. You will also be experienced in infrastructure construction and dealing with EPCs and project owners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will oversee and ensure product planning and product management for the hyperloop infrastructure including the linear infrastructure and wayside facilities. The role is responsible for engaging with engineering, customers, and other stakeholders to define requirements for the hyperloop infrastructure.
- Under supervision of the Director, you will be responsible for developing, defining, and overseeing the product’s infrastructure roadmap and managing it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business. You are expected to manage and supervise the existing development backlog and make priorities as determined by the business and market needs.
- The role is responsible for supporting the Business Development team in engaging with customers, their Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) partners, and participate in business or project development on an as required basis.
- The role is responsible for coordinating with Engineering, Program Management, and Business Development during the commercialization process of our hyperloop product.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You should have 10+ years’ experience in transportation and linear infrastructure product management and procurement. You should have strong familiarity with EPCs and their practices.
- You have strong experience in transportation and infrastructure contract management and documentation practices, including requests for proposals, output specifications, and project agreements.
- You have a proven track record in project and program management.
- You must have used your interpersonal skills to enable the creation of long-lasting working relationships with customers and well as facilitation of smooth collaboration and performance of functions internally.
- Demonstrable experience as an individual who performs and completes tasks in a timely fashion; adheres to workplace procedures, policies and ethics; is a creative thinker who can develop product solutions on short notice; and who displays calmness and composure in the face of workload, deadlines, and pressure.
NICE TO HAVE
- A degree in civil engineering, structural engineering, or architecture.
- Certification in product management or project management.
- Ideally, you will have experience in transportation, autonomous vehicles, infrastructure, cargo and logistics.
- Experience in program management and project management software, such as Primavera, MS Project, BIM/Revit, AutoCAD, Confluence, Jira, etc. is highly desirable.
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
Now is your chance to leave your mark on the future. If the thought of building a sustainable, completely new form of high-speed transport sounds exciting, come join our team. Virgin Hyperloop is the first company in the world to have put passengers on a Hyperloop system, and now we’re creating an all-electric cargo transport system for the third millennium. Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the best of the best in engineering talent. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that’s never been done before, a history-making, global solution that will shape the future of logistics and mobility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, vision, dental coverage, and 401(k). We also offer a generous daily lunch stipend, a dog-friendly environment, unlimited vacation for exempt employees, and a culture that values diversity and inclusion.