To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The role drives and enables Virgin Hyperloop to automate the delivery of software platform infrastructure and development tools in a fast-paced agile environment. The DevOps Engineer will work to develop & deploy test automation framework in Continuous Development & Integration environment. The role is integral in delivering the software platform that supports the operational control system that will give Hyperloop passengers the fast, safe, direct-to-destination service they aspire to, while dealing with real-world events that would otherwise disrupt the service. This team develops and maintains the software development infrastructure, build pipelines, continuous integration tools, databases, services, and applications at Virgin Hyperloop. They work closely with architects, developers, and system engineers to deliver everything from embedded software to data analysis in the cloud that together will make VH’s hyperloop software a reality.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and deploy test automation for CI/CD systems
- Support containerization and deployment of web applications
- Maintain build pipelines, tooling, databases, and services supporting CI/CD
- Maintain and support AWS cloud infrastructure
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience automating software build, test, and deployment pipelines following Agile methodologies
- Experience automating deployments of cloud infrastructure and services using current and industry accepted scripting languages
- Understanding of cloud computing fundamentals and architectures
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Git, and Docker
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience ensuring the security and high-availability of mission-critical production services
- Understanding of operating system performance tools, metrics and benchmarks
- Proven track record of building and supporting clustered systems and distributed data stores
- Experience with auto generated custom test reports or validation reports
- Strong proficiency in networking and web services design
- Experience with software testing - unit, integration, and end-to-end
- Experience with embedded systems and hardware in the loop testing
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOPNow is your chance to leave your mark on the future. If the thought of building a sustainable, completely new form of high-speed transport sounds exciting, come join our team. Virgin Hyperloop is the first company in the world to have put passengers on a Hyperloop system, and now we’re creating an all-electric cargo transport system for the third millennium. Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the best of the best in engineering talent. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that’s never been done before, a history-making, global solution that will shape the future of logistics and mobility.