To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we're bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Systems Integration and Engineering team at Virgin Hyperloop is responsible for system-level thinking and the development, maintenance, and traceability of the requirements development for the entire Hyperloop system. The team develops CONOPS at the system and subsystem levels to provide the design team's guidance. We seek candidates with a high level of expertise to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and Maintain requirements defining the Hyperloop System
- Develop and Maintain branching project-specific requirements
- Facilitate the demonstration of traceability from requirement to design response to test case
- Work closely with engineers across every subsystem to develop subsystem, assembly, and component level requirements
- Work closely with other systems engineers and the product team to develop and maintain system-level requirements
- Develop System and Sub-System CONOPS.
- Support the development of cross-system inputs, including use cases and behavioral analysis
- Support the development of a system, including trade studies, architecture definition, function definition and allocation, and verification planning
- Organize reviews of requirements to support baselining both at a system gate review cadence and for subsystem reviews
- Provide analysis of requirements for change impact as needed
- Provide leadership and guidance to engineering teams in the development and maintenance of their requirements
- Develop and Maintain the MBSE Model
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Architecting, Integration, or Engineering
- Hands-on experience in requirements engineering required, preferably in the aerospace, automotive, or rail industries
- Experience with the Systems Engineering V
- Competence to understand and distill technical information across a wide variety of engineering disciplines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills are a must-have
- Excellent technical writing skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Master's degree in Systems, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering discipline or related field
- Experience with Requirements Management Tool such as Polarian preferred
- Experience with MBSE SysML and CAMEO preferred
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
Now is your chance to leave your mark on the future. If the thought of building a sustainable, completely new form of high-speed transport sounds exciting, come join our team. Virgin Hyperloop is the first company in the world to have put passengers on a Hyperloop system, and now we're creating an all-electric cargo transport system for the third millennium. Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the best of the best in engineering talent. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that's never been done before, a history-making, global solution that will shape the future of logistics and mobility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, vision, dental coverage, and 401(k). We also offer a generous daily lunch stipend, a dog-friendly environment, unlimited vacation for exempt employees, and a culture that values diversity and inclusion.