The Senior Application Developer will be part of the Analysis Tools Development (ATD) Team under the Machine Intelligence & Analytics (MI&A) Department. The ATD Team is responsible for design and development of internal web-based tools and automation to enable the design and analysis of the Virgin Hyperloop One Transportation System. The ATD Team works closely with the rest of the MI&A department to integrate, test, and analyze key algorithms enabling a Grade of Automation 4+ transportation system. Additionally, the ATD Team works with and acts as an interface to other engineering teams to develop an integrated workflow across the company.
Strategy & Planning
- Perform application and database design
- Design and deploy Infrastructure and workflow
- Manage multiple projects and coordinate resources
- Adhere to Agile and waterfall methodologies
Development & Design
- Build secure, stable and performant solutions for web and mobile platforms
- Code custom modules, libraries, applications and web service integrations.
- Design front-end user experiences and debug cross browser compatibility issues
- Architect, write, and execute SQL databases
- Roll out new sites and services into smoothly and securely into production
- Research products, services, to identify effective solutions
- Manage all sites and services including Linux servers, cloud services, load balancers, caching mechanisms and CDN
- Troubleshoot application and site issues including 3rd party modules and patches
- Monitor and test application performance and provide performance and usage statistics and reports
- Recommend, schedule, and perform site improvements, software upgrades, and repairs
- Implement security best practices throughout all code and systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Maintains strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years experience in developing, maintaining web applications and services.
• 2+ years leading teams/projects with iterative deliverables.
• 3+ years experience with React & Redux
• Strong Experience with Typescript
• Strong Experience with version control (Git, SVN, etc.)
• Strong understanding of responsive design, web UI/UX.
• Experience with test frameworks
• Experience with deployment tools and strategies.
• Experience with cloud based microservice architecture, development and deployment.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience designing and developing mobile applications for IOS and/or Android is a plus
- Strong understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, or Virtualized environments
- Well-versed in Cloud Service Technologies. (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS/SCSS, JS and other web-related letter combinations
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.