The System Safety Engineer is responsible for performance of risk analyses and hazard analyses on integrated systems forming part of the hyperloop. They will be responsible for oversight of a portfolio of engineering developments and will provide assurance of engineering activities. They will support design engineers to build evidence-based safety cases for their products and will assure compliance to hardware and software engineering processes for safety critical and safety related systems.
The System Safety Engineer will provide assurance of a number of engineering developments. They will be responsible for building the body of evidence necessary to demonstrate the safety of these products through formal safety cases.
- The System Safety Engineer is responsible for assuring the safety of the products produced by VHO. Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Development of safety targets and safety requirements
- Execute hazard analyses required to support identification of safety requirements in accordance with business standards and program / product objectives.
- Development of specific application, generic application and generic product safety cases.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated to internal and external customers
- Co-ordinate the timely production of the necessary design safety documentation, especially the relevant safety cases and related documentation for approval milestones.
- Conduct/facilitate PHA, FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis and other safety studies with Engineering groups.
- Develop and maintain Hazard Log.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Minimum Required Experience:
- Training to graduate level in an engineering discipline or related field
- Responsible experience operating as a safety engineer (or senior engineer with safety and assurance responsibilities), across complex, large scale systems
- Proven experience in system safety engineering.
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems.
- Familiarity with Hazard Analysis per IEEE 1483:2000, MIL STD 882E and/or CENELEC 50126, 50128, and 50129.
- Experience operating in a regulated industry
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS 9100
- Familiarity with EU Common Safety Method
- Creation of ALARP Safety Cases
- Training to post-graduate level in an engineering discipline
- Proven experience in a mass transport industry (e.g. aerospace or rail)