Build and lead a team of process development engineers to develop the manufacturing and integration processes an all new type of autonomous passenger vehicle for the Hyperloop system.
- Lead the research, design, prototyping and development of manufacturing & integration processes from early “laboratory” testing all the way to full-rate production (FRP)
- Function as a key subject matter expert on the assembly of the vehicle and integration of mechanical, electrical, electromagnetic, and thermal sub-systems
- Provide guidance to design engineers regarding design-for-manufacturing (DFM), design-to-cost (DTC) and design-for-assembly (DFA)
- Work closely with hardware lead engineers to understand the most up-to-date product requirements and development status to ensure manufacturing development keeps pace or leads product design
- Build sub-scale and full-scale prototypes and test articles using internal resources and/or external vendors
- Plan development projects and work with a Project Manager to meet critical project schedule deadlines
- Lead the research & reporting of total process costs for various design trades
- Lead the research & publishing of manufacturing technical memos for manufacturing recommendations, feasibility studies, cost savings initiatives, NPI, make vs. buy studies, etc.
- Identify strategic opportunities for manufacturing IP generation
- Perform other duties as assigned
An experienced engineering leader able to chart a path forward through ambiguity and lack of definition. A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in complex engineering systems. An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses skills in the following: Communication, team-building, personnel management, organization, spatial imagination, mechanical assembly and judgment. A self-directed individual who is a true team player.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated Design-for-Manufacturing (DFM) feedback & examples on an aerospace vehicle or sub-system
- Demonstrated ability to interpret & complex part and assembly drawings
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over multi-month time spans
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities & projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions and presentations on complex manufacturing topics to technicians, engineers, managers and executives
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- 1+ year experience leading an engineering team
- 6+ years of professional experience in one or more of the following:
- Integration or manufacturing of aerospace vehicles, satellites, engines, fuselage structures or aerospace sub-assemblies
- Integration or manufacturing of large, complex or high precision machinery, equipment or assemblies
- Demonstrated proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD and ability to interpret & create complex part and assembly drawings
- Design-to-cost (DTC) experience
- Vehicle wire harnessing, wire routing, coolant routing, high & low-voltage routing
- Demonstrated proficiency in ASME Y14.5 GD&T
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.