The Requirements Manager will be a member of the Product Lifecycle Management team, reporting to the Director/Manager of the Product Lifecycle Management directorate within the Systems Engineering Organization. The Requirements Manager is responsible for the development, maintenance, and traceability of Hyperloop product and project requirements.
The Requirements Manager will work closely with other members of the Product Lifecycle Management to demonstrate traceability from requirement to design article to test case. The requirements manager will work also work closely with Systems Engineers to maintain System level requirements and with the development teams to develop sub system and lower level requirements. An ideal candidate is intimately familiar with IBM Rational DOORS NG and can aid in the administration of that database as well.
The Requirements Manager will be critical in communication between the project teams and the core product development team and will work closely with the project team in the development of project specific requirements as well.
The Requirements Manager ideally has a broad engineering or systems engineering background and will be working closely at the system level and with hardware and software engineers. Flexibility, communication, and relationship building are key. Properly maintaining and demonstrating traceability is of upmost importance.
The Requirements Manger will have an active role in the organization’s change control procedures, providing impact and change analysis for the change control board to aid in properly evaluating proposed changes to the product baseline. Some travel may be required including to potential project sites in Europe or the Middle East.
An ideal candidate is comfortable both working hands on with the development team and transitioning to managing a team of requirements engineers as the organization grows.
- Develop and Maintain requirements defining the Hyperloop Transportation System
- Develop and Maintain branching project specific requirements
- Facilitate the demonstration of traceability from requirement to design response to test case
- Work closely with engineers across every sub system to develop sub system, assembly, and component level requirements
- Work closely with systems engineers and leadership to develop and maintain system level requirements
- Work closely with project team engineers and business intelligence to develop project specific requirements.
- Maintain the organization’s Requirements Management Plan and provide trainings to the organization based on that plan
- Organize reviews of requirements to support baselining both at a system gate review cadence and for subsystem reviews
- Provide analysis of requirements for change impact as needed by the Change Control Board
- Manage a team of requirements engineers
- Provide leadership and guidance to development team engineers in the development and maintenance of their requirements
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline required.
- Hands on experience in requirements engineering required, preferably in the aerospace, automotive, or rail industries.
- Competence to understand and distill technical information across a wide variety of engineering disciplines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills are a must have.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to smoothly transition from hands on to management work and to be an active, hands on leader.
- Master’s degree in Engineering discipline preferred.
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS NG preferred.