One of the main responsibilities within the Data Systems group at Hyperloop One is to organize, store, and deliver data to the engineering teams requesting the tests. The Test Software Engineer will help design and develop the acquisition and controls to collect the accurate data in addition to the architecture and tools to interact with this data. The tools and architecture that the Test Software Engineer creates will help design teams gather insight about the results of their tests in a quick, reliable, and repeatable manner. There will be many opportunities to integrate data from diverse locations to ensure the Test and Development Engineering department has the tools and processes necessary to run a world-class Test organization.
The Data Systems Engineer will:
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of software projects for the Test and Development Engineering department
- Define, implement, and maintain data storage architectures for all data collected
- Create and document APIs for storing and retrieving data from repositories
- Design and implement web-based front-end user interfaces to download and process data within the repository
- Design and implement reporting tools that draw from data within data repositories, asset management software, and requirements/quality management software
- Assist in defining, implementing, and maintaining scalable, modular, and reusable data acquisition systems for test rigs
- Assist in defining, implementing, and maintaining control systems for test rigs
- Produce maintainable, well-documented, and readable code
- Ensure accurate data is collected and saved to a database
- Adheres and contributes to Test & Development Software best practices.
- Provide future leadership (as needed) to other Software Engineers
The candidate for this role must exhibit technical leadership capabilities and work openly and collaboratively with others throughout the Hyperloop One organization. They must be a motivated self-starter who is capable of creating and executing detailed projects when given a high-level vision. They must be able to contribute to the creation of and adherence to strict testing processes and procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience architecting, maintaining and interacting with databases (time-series and relational databases).
- Experience with web design and visualization tools, including data graphs (jQuery, d3.js, chart.js etc.).
- Experience creating and documenting APIs for multi-platform and multi-language use.
- Experience deploying resources on the cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Source Code Control experience using Git or similar tool.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or related software field.
- 4+ years of experience developing back-end and front-end software.
- Experience working under a regulated industry with reporting requirements
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience and willingness to expand LabVIEW skills
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.