HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a team member to manage Social Paid Media and Search within the HyperionDev Performance Marketing Department. You will be responsible for developing, executing, and optimising social media and paid marketing strategies to attract and engage potential students, increase sales, raise brand awareness, and grow community engagement in a measurable way.
We are looking for an analytical, intelligent, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join our team as a Paid Social Manager.. You should be a creative problem solver who loves growth hacking and has excellent business acumen, high standards and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Support the development and execution of the Paid Social strategy in order to generate quality leads. This includes campaign setup, optimisation, monitoring, planning, budget management, platform selection, and implementing remarketing strategies.
- Seek ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency within the Paid Social channel in order to aid revenue growth.
- Further expand our paid social advertising channels and campaigns.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure that the cross channel spend mix between display, paid social and search is analysed and defined to achieve maximum ROI.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of our key platforms features and new releases.
- Development and maintenance of a rapid testing framework for social media.
- Work with Product Marketing, Admissions, and other key stakeholders to create and optimise effective creative and ad types across the Paid Social platforms.
- At least 2 years of direct, hands-on experience in planning, setting up, and optimizing paid social campaigns.
- Experience running campaigns across the well-known networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Tik Tok.
- Strong analytical skills, highly quantitative with the ability to analyze and assess advertising datasets, draw conclusions and derive actionable insights and recommendations.
- Thorough understanding of the online marketing funnels and levers to pull based on relevant objectives.
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics and experience with implementing Facebook conversion (pixel) tracking, URL parameters, etc
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- A self‐starter who thrives in a fast‐paced environment.
- Facebook Blueprint, Google Ads, Google Analytics certifications.
- Some experience with display and programmatic.
- Experience with Marketing B2B, SaaS, Startup or Education.
- Experience running campaigns on new niche platforms such as Twitch (gaming).
- Passionate about all things digital and a proactive learner.
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.
We're a people-forward company with a purpose that underlines everything we do. We're obsessed with the potential in people and challenge them to do their best work. We embrace a culture of growth and learning to deliver on our vision and ours is a relentless quest for improvement.