HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2017 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google. In 2020, we closed one of the largest Series A fundraises in South Africa with nearly 1500 investors backing us in the biggest crowdfunding round in history for an Africa-linked startup.
We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, 2U, and Zando. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced, full-time Internal Recruiter to identify, engage with and hire A-player talent for HyperionDev as we scale our team after a successful fundraise.
As an Internal Recruiter, you will be responsible for the full recruitment cycle which includes reviewing the hiring toolkit (job spec, outcomes, assessment) for each role, proactively identifying and sourcing prospects, screening and evaluating candidates, and managing the job offer process with selected candidates. You will handle internal stakeholders and build strong relationships with hiring managers as you train them on our hiring process, update them on progress on their roles, and guide them on their hiring plans, job specifications and candidate evaluation.
You will also help develop the company-wide talent acquisition strategy in collaboration with the Talent and People Operations teams, support us in building our EVP and talent community, and contribute to employer brand promotion through social content and talent webinars. You will track hiring metrics to help make further improvements to our hiring process.
As you will be the main point of contact for applicants for several roles, you will need to ensure a positive candidate experience. To be successful in this role, you should have good knowledge of sourcing tools and techniques.
- Execute on the strategic recruitment plan in line with the company hiring process
- Manage all hiring stages from sourcing to acceptance of offer letter
- Identify and creatively source applicants including through online and offline methods
- Advertise open roles on various channels including job boards, professional social networks and our careers page
- Screen resumes and applications, and conduct initial screening calls based on essential criteria
- Interview candidates via phone, video and in-person
- Liaise with hiring managers regarding hiring needs
- Track and report on recruitment metrics, and use data to inform improvements in our hiring process
- Organize candidate data and all communication via our ATS, Greenhouse
- Reach out to potential candidates and build relationships for future job opportunities (via LinkedIn or email)
- Relay job offers and negotiate terms
- Help build our Employee Value Proposition and promote our company as a great place to work
- Ensure communication with candidates is prompt and professional at all stages (from the moment they apply until they are given final feedback on their application).
- 2+ years of experience in a dedicated internal recruitment / in-house talent acquisition role
- Experience in managing the full recruitment cycle
- Experience using social networks to source candidates and promote jobs (eg. LinkedIn, Facebook, Angelist, Slack, Job Boards)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle various open positions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing various stakeholders and building relationships
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems, preferably Greenhouse
- Passionate about the transformative impact of education and technology
- Prior experience in a fast-scaling, startup environment
- Experience in reporting and analysing hiring metrics
- Experience in tech recruitment
- Experience in content writing (social media, newsletters)
- Tertiary qualification in HR or Organisational Psychology
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance, medical aid and life cover benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a management team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, Zando and Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.
We're a people-forward company with a purpose that underlines everything we do. We're obsessed with the potential in people and challenge them to do their best work. We embrace a culture of growth and learning to deliver on our vision and ours is a relentless quest for improvement.