HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google. We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a business development professional who is able to deliver a consistent sales output in order to meet their monthly, quarterly and annual targets. Key skills in building relationships with a consultative oriented solution selling style is vital in order to identify and co-create opportunities with clients.
As a Business Development Manager, your role will be to make contact with potential employer customers and help them understand the value of partnering with HyperionDev. This is a critical role at the top of our sales funnel and you'll be the first point of contact with new potential customers and will play a key role in building the HyperionDev brand with our employer partners.
- Leverage a well-defined sales territory with existing clients and warm leads.
- Identify qualified decision makers, build an effective pipeline, and schedule meetings to present the HyperionDev programmes
- With the Head of Partnerships, develop sales strategies to increase pipeline and ultimately grow employer partners.
- Work as a team to consistently meet/exceed sales quotas within a specified time frame.
- Engage in lead generation, prospecting and qualification activities through telephone, email and social media outreach.
- Creatively reach out to identified prospects and open discussions around coding bootcamp programmes.
- Initiate relationships with Heads of HR, Heads of Learning & Development, Heads of Technology, Decisions Makers, and Start up Founders and owners.
- Create and/or select relevant content, articles, events, newsletters and more to help provide value to your contacts.
- Follow up on pipeline and drive closed deals.
- Proactively use our CRM (Nutshell) to note activities.
- Professional disposition, and experience presenting to C-level executives.
- Proven experience with solutions sales experience, which includes detailed needs analysis at the beginning of sales funnel.
- Minimum 5 years corporate solution sales experience, preferably into the Human Resources client space.
- Knowledge of the B-BBEE codes, education, and SETA framework.
- Good team worker, flexible, self-motivated, and innovative thinker.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent people-skills.
- Experience in sales in context of Education, Training, and/or HR services and B-BBEE consulting are preferable.
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Zando and Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.
We're a people-forward company with a purpose that underlines everything we do. We're obsessed with the potential in people and challenge them to do their best work. We embrace a culture of growth and learning to deliver on our vision and ours is a relentless quest for improvement.