HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2017 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google. In 2020, we closed one of the largest Series A fundraises in South Africa with nearly 1500 investors backing us in the biggest crowdfunding round in history for an Africa-linked startup.
We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, 2U, and Zando. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced and versatile Copywriter to join the Marketing Department. You will ensure the team has all the copy required for designing, building, and maintaining all the pieces of our website, emails, social media, advertising and printer materials aimed at engaging, educating, and attracting potential HyperionDev graduates.
The ideal candidate is able to engage as easily and effectively with working professionals and their employers as with school leavers and their parents.
You will work side by side with the Head of Product Marketing and the various specialists in the team. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and creative writing skills. You should be excited about not just working really hard in a small but rapidly growing startup, but building it with your own direct ownership in the business. You must be ambitious and want to make a mark on this world greater than anything you have done to date.
- Create clear and appealing communication of our company identity and brand story
- Ideation and research for our Content Marketing
- Regular writing of blog posts
- Ongoing improvement of the content (and results) on our website
- Create engaging content for our Social Media
- Optimise the results from all our email campaigns
- Optimise Brand Awareness and our Thought Leadership
- Using data analysis and Google Analytics and our CRM to inform your decisions
- You may not know what CRO and A/B tests are, but you're going to read up on them right after reading this.
- 5+ years of work experience as a copywriter or content manager
- 1+ years of experience managing or co-managing a creative team
- 1+ years of experience owning or co-owning the brand messaging for a large consumer or business facing brand
- A qualification in creative writing, journalism, marketing, English, or a related field
- Perfect written communication skills, and near-perfect verbal communication skills
- A track record of exceeding targets and ambition
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing as a whole
- 8+ years of copywriting experience, including experience in thought leadership, brand messaging, and co-ordinating the rebranding of a company
- A track record of excellent brand-writing skills, evidenced by creative awards and public accolades
- 2+ years managing all copy for a brand that reaches hundreds of thousands of consumers monthly
- Experience as an editor of a large-scale digital marketing platform (eg a blog, website)
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.
We're a people-forward company with a purpose that underlines everything we do. We're obsessed with the potential in people and challenge them to do their best work. We embrace a culture of growth and learning to deliver on our vision and ours is a relentless quest for improvement.