HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Career Advisor at HyperionDev you will be working in the Career Services team to ensure that our graduates are placed into tech careers after completing one of our coding bootcamps.
This involves taking ownership of the post bootcamp graduate program and ensuring graduates are market-ready. This includes delivery of career development learning and advisory services to ensure that graduates are technically ready and prepared to enter the job market. You must be proficient in offering 1:1 consultations with students to optimise their CV, LinkedIn profiles and GitHub portfolios. Part of the graduate program includes you facilitating mock interviews with graduates to practise their interview skills.
You will also assist the Alumni Coordinator in building a strong and supportive alumni network of HyperionDev graduates.
The Career Advisor will also be working closely with the marketing team to coordinate and report on the effectiveness of top of the funnel lead generation campaigns in order to better target, expand awareness of our developer placement offering and the product development of the HyperionDev Careers platform.
- Ensure our final-level students and graduates are on track in completing their technical and portfolio work required to have them ‘Technically Ready’ for the job market.
- Delivery of Mock Interviews and ensuring all material is current and up to date.
- Full management of graduate dashboard and analytics.
- Providing access to bespoke career development resources that support graduates in honing their professional profiles and portfolios.
- Encourage students to create side-projects to fill the non-experience barrier.
- Delivery of career advisory 1:1 consultations with graduates.
- Regularly check-in, career support and monitoring of Alumni communication platforms.
- Assist with interview scheduling and candidate availability through the hiring companies’ recruitment process.
- Support and assist students who were unsuccessful with the Job Application process.
- Manage our applicant and company leads database on the CRM accurately and efficiently to ensure a healthy pipeline.
- Support and drive effective marketing initiatives for placing our graduates, provide feedback on lead quality and engagement ratio, and assist with the market segmentation and targeting strategy by providing feedback on most likely to convert hiring company profiles.
- At least 2+ years of interviewing experience in an agency or inhouse recruitment, or HR role with talent or recruitment responsibilities.
- At least 2+ years recent and relevant experience in Careers-related Advising in Higher Education or in a comparable role advising graduates seeking formal employment (HR Talent-role)
- Experience working under pressure with strict targets showing initiative and the ability to multi-task
- Understanding of the technical recruitment market in South Africa
- Outstanding reporting skills and experience with CRMs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in working with virtual tools for effective education and communication purposes.
- Fast learner, meticulous attention to detail and experience working with data and delivering reports.
- Client relationship and candidate management skills
- Proven computer literacy and comfort with creating and working on G-suite applications and project management tools.
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be preferred
- Prior tech startup experience in a high-growth and ambitious environment
- At least 1 year experience with email automation and campaign outreach
- Experience with lead generation and market research for business development
- Interest / experience in the coding education and ed-tech space
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Annual leave and medical benefits: We have a generous annual leave policy, as well as health insurance / financial benefits for medical aid for staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.