HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is for an experienced and ambitious front-end developer who can progress the quality of our websites, landing pages, and online and on-site coding bootcamp products.
A key responsibility of the role is to ensure that our website and digital assets better convert leads into satisfied students and customers. In addition, the role will oversee the user experience of our online student portal and how students interact with our mentors and teaching assistants at scale to improve the quality of progression for thousands of students seeking to transition into a career in tech.
The front-end developer will also ensure that landing pages are high speed and mobile optimised for our paid media campaigns and SEO optimised to scale organic impressions. They will also be running some independent website projects and will be tasked with completing our pending campaign landing pages for all our Paid Search and our Paid Social campaigns.
In this role, you will work side by side with the Head of Marketing and the various specialists in the team. We are looking for committed individuals who can impress us with their skills, ambition and ability to launch and drive their own projects.
- Developing front-end website architecture
- Integrate with back end website applications
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features
- Maintain technical knowledge of industry standards, best practices and trends
- Increase conversion rates from visit to trial
- Increase engagement rate on our Student Portal
- Put a process in place for our campaign specific landing pages
- Take our SEO performance to the next level
- Matric Qualification
- 2+ years experience in a front-end role using the following:
- HTML / HTML5
- SCSS / CSS3
- Bootstrap 3 / 4
- Ability to transform designs (Photoshop XD, Sketch, Figma etc) into flawless cross-device implementations
- Good understanding of web standards
- Good understanding of site performance and site optimisation
- Good understanding of Git and versions control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Fast learner enthusiastic to train on new stacks/technologies
- A problem-solving and positive attitude
- Start-up mentality and the desire to see HyperionDev succeed
- An interest in the future of education and online learning
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Web Analytics / Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Search Console
- Coding / writing for SEO
- Django and MVC architecture
- Webpack / Gulp / Grunt
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Annual leave and medical benefits: We have a generous annual leave policy, as well as health insurance / financial benefits for medical aid for staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.