HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in South Africa, and one of the largest globally. As a rapidly scaling EdTech startup with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In February 2020, we won in Tech Nation's Rising Stars 2020 awards. In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, gaining financial backing from both Facebook and Google. We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco, and PwC, including those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated, and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Funding and Collections Agent is to facilitate the enrollment and fees of students requiring finance or installment solutions. The role involves managing a student pipeline, finance application process, overseeing the student journey details, installment forecast planning, and ensuring students progress by submitting tasks weekly. This would be through flagging, following up, and collecting feedback for student drop offs and to provide feedback on payment or progression issues on behalf of the student. You will also work with the student progression associates to analyse student feedback to better our engagement, overall satisfaction, student retention, and graduation rates. You will also be responsible for ensuring positive reviews and positive satisfaction ratings from your students.
- Ensuring resubscription revenue target is achieved on a monthly basis and is at a minimum of 25% of total revenue.
- Proactively reach out to our finance lead base to drive approvals from our funding partners.
- Proactively engage with installment paying students to build relationships and ensure the continuation of their Bootcamp until graduation.
- Engage with installment paying students to ensure continuous progression and satisfaction throughout the Bootcamp, until graduation.
- Liaise with the Student Progression Associate to identify lagging installment students and advise them on their best route to completion.
- Use historic and existing data to provide solutions on how to increase revenue from non graduated students and drop offs and get them to graduate with HyperionDev.
- Project and manage forecasts on instalment revenue, through managing the pipeline for instalment revenue.
- Create and drive the feedback processes to identify and implement solutions to reduce student drop out and churn.
- Support the execution of graduation events to create awareness and drive growth of our placements function.
- Provide feedback to the product and education teams, in order to optimise the student experience on our Online dashboards or Onsite campus.
- A minimum of a matric qualification
- 2+ years of experience in a sales, account management or business development role
- 1+ years of experience in a student management or customer success role
- 1+ years of experience in social media, digital marketing or community engagement experience
- Outstanding organisation and planning skills
- High attention to detail and follow through on commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of the coding education market
- A demonstrated track record of meeting KPIs and targets
- A marketing, commerce or education related Bachelor degree
- 1+ year experience in an online or coding education related field
- 1+ year experience in a project management or coordination role
- Understanding of coding languages with basic - intermediate technical coding skills
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, and Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.