HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a team member to manage Paid Media and Search within the HyperionDev Marketing Department. The Paid Media Specialist will be responsible for implementing, managing and optimising paid advertising activities in all our territories.
We are looking for an analytical, intelligent, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join our team as a Paid Media Specialist. You should be a creative problem solver who loves growth hacking and has excellent business acumen, high standards and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Implement digital marketing strategies
- Set up campaign tracking and continuously monitor, test, optimise and innovate campaigns to maximise their performance
- Run paid search and social campaigns aimed at generating leads and sales
- Report back on strategy regarding insights and data
- Further expand our advertising channels and campaigns
- Establish the optimal balance between Brand Awareness and ROAS
- Drive the implementation of our CRO, improve messaging and content, bootcamp pages and landing pages
- Source strategic partnerships for sponsor / referral deals
- Drive the continuous optimisation of all our search, display and video ads, and propose new ideas and concepts
- Initiate new ATL / BTL advertising
- Manage and optimise all our overseas Marketing, Leadgen and Advertising
- Drive all our B2B / Placements advertising in 2020
- A University Degree in Marketing or related field or Google certifications as well as any other certifications relevant to this role
- At least 3 years of direct, growth-focused experience in digital marketing
- At least 2 years of experience with running large budget campaigns on Google Ads with Search, Display and Video
- Strong analytical skills, highly quantitative with the ability to analyze and assess complex advertising datasets, draw conclusions and derive actionable insights and recommendations from hundreds of metrics tracked p/m
- Thorough understanding of various online and offline marketing funnels
- Detailed understanding of Google Marketing Tools; Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Lighthouse, Search Console etc.
- Experience with implementing conversion (pixel) tracking, URL parameters, etc.
- Near perfect written and verbal communication skills
- A self‐starter who thrives in a fast‐paced environment
- Regular detailed reporting on numerous metrics (CPL, CPA, ROI, ROAS)
- Performance media experience (conversions/ KPIs etc.)
- 5 years of direct, growth-focused experience in digital marketing
- 4 years of experience with running large budget campaigns on Google Ads with Search, Display and Video
- At least 6 months of copywriting experience
- Experience building a comprehensive digital marketing strategy and campaigns from the ground up
- Experience with Marketing B2B, SaaS, Startup or Education
- Experience running advertising campaigns on LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter
- Experience working with paid media optimisation tools such as Wordstream
- Experience with building audience (lists) and remarketing
- Understanding of attribution modelling and experience setting up attribution models
- Experience with optimising conversion rates and tracking and monitoring ROI, PA, and DA
- Proven experience in DSP’s and DV360
- Passionate about all things digital and proactive learner.
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.