ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Technical Quality Specialist at HyperionDev you will be responsible for ensuring quality reviews of our student’s coding tasks, which is vital to ensuring that our students get the best from their learning experience. You will also be playing a role in developing our reviewers to reach greater heights and reach their full potential.
To excel in this role you should be comfortable to take charge in a technical environment working with junior to intermediate code reviewers, have good attention to detail, be able to work in a disruptive environment and be able to assist in the performance improvement of others.
- Onboarding and training of all Coding Mentors
- Assisting the Talent Advisors and Student Progression Associates with getting graduates technically ready by conducting mock interviews
- Conducting at least 8 meta-reviews (2 per week) of each mentor to ensure their feedback to students meet our requirements
- Assisting with the review of potential new employees’ technical tests to ensure that they are of the standard that
- Assisting with code reviews and 1:1 student support calls when required to do so
- Plan, implement and maintain the upskilling schedule with mentors upskilling requirements
- Review support given on support platforms as part of mentors quality review
- Flag any underperforming coding mentors with management and assist with performance improvement intervention exercises
- Identify training needs of code reviewers and implement training to fill this gap.
- Matric qualification
- 3+ years’ of solid experience in coding/software development with a focus on:
- Version Control Systems
- 3+ years’ of experience in working with APIs
- 3+ years’ experience reviewing code or in a quality assurance-type position overseeing testing/quality of code or software.
- 1+ years’ of project management experience
- Interest in gaining experience in the coding education and ed-tech space
- Fast learner with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience managing large budgets, hiring and firing, and defining company culture and processes at scale
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A problem-solving and positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Start-up mentality and the desire to see HyperionDev and CoGrammar succeed
- An interest in the future of developer education, assessments, tooling and online learning
- Bachelor's degree: Computer Science or related Coding/Software Certifications
- 5+ years’ of experience in coding/software development with a focus on:
- Version Control Systems
- 2+ years’ of experience in working with APIs.
- 2+ years’ of experience reviewing code or in a quality assurance-type position overseeing testing/quality of code or software
- 2+ years’ of project management experience
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.