HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google. We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that disrupt the EdTech space.
In this role you will take ownership of our HyperionDev bootcamp product, including our bespoke learning management system, used by tens of thousands of students around the world. You will define the vision and execution for this product to drive it to the next level in terms of scale, impact and user experience.
You will work on improving the customer journey of our users, relying on data analytics, feature experimentation, and your understanding of building a world-leading edtech product.
To excel in this role, you should be an effective manager of time and tasks (yours and others’), and a natural leader who can break concepts down into clear, operationalisable segments and delegate accordingly. You will work with a skilled cross-functional team and collaborate with our senior management team to ensure that our products continuously evolve in line with the company’s strategic goals and vision.
- Create and maintain a product roadmap based on the product strategy and company vision
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work with internal teams to design and implement features
- Work with the product team to research, prototype, test and validate ideas
- Work with the marketing team to roll-out and communicate product changes to customers
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of product changes and recommend improvements
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding, and be available to the team to answer questions and provide clarity on decisions
- Help facilitate growth by optimising all parts of the customer onboarding funnel
- Understand our customers through analysis, research and direct interaction
- Delegate and coordinate work between multiple teams to execute on our product roadmap.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience as a technical product manager or product owner
- Knowledge of design thinking and product validation procedures
- Excellent prioritisation and time-management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to drive teamwork in achieving solutions and ensuring clarity in expectations
- Creative, solution-driven mindset
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment with high pressure
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Product Management advantageous
- Technical qualifications (coding / IT / Computer Science) advantageous
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- Prior experience in edtech/education
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.