HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
HyperionDev’s 12-month Graduate Trainee Programme is the perfect opportunity for ambitious and proactive graduates to fast-track their career by joining an edtech company scaling rapidly across the UK, Europe and Africa.
For 2021, we have Graduate Trainee positions open in Marketing, Customer Success, and Strategy & Operations. We are looking for candidates who are creative problem-solvers, have a keen interest in technology and the startup ecosysm, and have a track-record of achieving high goals in their academic and/or personal life.
As part of this Programme, you will gain tremendous learning and hands-on experience in your chosen field(s) of work, and unparalleled exposure to the nuances of planning, execution and decision-making within a high-growth startup. You will get a chance to work on special projects as well as day-to-day execution to build up your skills in specific functions, learn from our experts, and contribute to your team’s success.
Step into a team of highly talented, motivated and high-performing individuals who chose this industry because they care about our mission to close the global tech skills gap by enabling education that is an accessible alternative to traditional university degrees.
Applications close on 5 November, 2020.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In a Graduate Trainee role, you will actively engage with various projects, teams and departments to maximise your exposure to our business operations and gain an understanding of the edtech industry. In particular:
- As a Marketing Trainee, you will create and manage marketing assets, assist with running and analysing marketing campaigns, contribute to our content strategy, plan and manage events, and help in reporting on performance metrics & budgets.
- As a Customer Success Trainee, you will analyse and report on customer (student) data, obtain NPS data and public reviews, address queries and customer satisfaction issues, identify inactive or detractor students and problem-solve with them to ensure on-time graduation and placement outcomes, contribute to the overall brand recognition through engagement campaigns.
- As a Strategy & Operations Trainee, you will support our management in gathering data, analysing trends and making decisions on how we further our products and enter new markets. You will also help optimize the policies and processes for our business as well as internal people operations.
- Completed Diploma, Bachelors or Masters in a relevant field in 2019 or 2020
- Minimum 65% average in your last completed level of education
- A demonstrable track record of pursuing your area of interest (e.g. Marketing or Strategy & Operations) outside of academic requirements
- Leadership experience in school, college or community will be an advantage
- Active participation and achievement in sports or extracurricular activities will be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and a problem-solving attitude
- Keen interest in technology and education
- Location: Currently remote but you should be able to start working out of our Cape Town offices in 2021, as/when required.
Unmatched, hands-on learning in a high-paced startup environment: Gain career-defining experience learning from the best in tech in South Africa, working on products that impact consumers around the world.
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 leave days per year, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: Work closely with global leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, and Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most - you're allowed to brag about it.
We're a people-first company with a purpose that underlines everything we do. We're obsessed with the potential in people and challenge them to do their best work. We embrace a culture of growth and learning to deliver on our vision and ours is a relentless quest for improvement.