HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone to take charge of a new department within HyperionDev. As the Head of Brand at HyperionDev you will be responsible for conceptualising, coordinating and implementing all brand related strategy initiatives, and analysing the returns thereon. You will drive strategic planning and implement campaigns on our websites and social platforms. You will also be planning and organising various below the line initiatives like events, activations and roadshows and hire part-time staff and promo teams for these initiatives. HyperionDev has a wide target audience, including school-leavers, parents, professionals, etc., and part of your responsibilities will be to ensure that we are using the best strategies for specific audiences, increasing growth of specific audiences and ensuring that our brand remains accessible to all.
To excel in this role, you should be an organised, ambitious, self-motivated, and proactive problem solver who can motivate and lead a cross-functional team. We’re looking for a strategic thinker, an excellent project manager, someone with high standards and someone with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Build and improve on the architecture of the HyperionDev brand and its sub-brands, including refining the brand vision, brand equity, value proposition, and how it appears to stakeholders
- Conceptualise and coordinate marketing strategies and campaigns
- Manage and coordinate a cross functional marketing team, including hiring for roles within the team
- Brief cross-functional team members on all aspects of marketing campaigns and strategies
- Lead the social media strategy, monitoring and response
- Maintain our website, blog and social media platforms
- Review the strategy for marketing to our CRM database
- Oversee all copy and design for our newsletters and nurturing campaigns, and brief copywriters and designers thereon
- Plan and manage a selection of first-class events and activations
- Conduct market research into our industry, audience and competitors
- Collaborate with the admissions department on revenue strategies
- Collaborate with HyperionDev Careers on their branding and marketing needs.
- A Diploma in Business, Marketing or Communications field.
- 10 years of marketing experience in a high growth consumer-marketing space with an emphasis on brand management
- 2 years of project management experience, managing projects relating to large-scale consumer marketing
- At least 1 year of experience marketing education-related products
- At least 3 years' experience managing a marketing team
- Experience with management of agencies
- A self‐starter who thrives in a fast‐paced environment
- Thorough understanding of various online and offline marketing funnels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Detailed understanding of Social Media marketing and PR
- Degree in Marketing or Communications
- 3+ years of project management experience, managing projects relating to large-scale consumer marketing
- 2+ years of experience marketing education-related products
- Experience with content calendars and scheduling tools
- Managing sprints involving marketers and developers
- Management of external suppliers and freelancers
- Experience with Marketing to students and / or parents
- Events Marketing (open days, activations)
- Excellent budgeting skills
- Detailed reporting on key website and social media metrics
- Experience targeting schools, school leavers and parents
Equity: As a senior leadership role within the company, you may be eligible for direct ownership in the business through our stock option scheme. The company has been approached for acquisition by a number of billion dollar leaders in the tech education space, is backed by investors from the US, UK and South Africa, and we want you to directly share in the success of the business.
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.