HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Student Progression Associate is passionate about seeing our students succeed in their drive to change into a career in tech. They play an integral role in ensuring the continued success of our fast growing student base on our coding bootcamps, powered through www.hyperiondev.com. In this role you are the custodian of student queries from all channels, providing tier-one support, overseeing and ensuring successful resolution of all student concerns in a timely manner, and implementing communications and processes to drive student community engagement and success along each student's path from Onboarding to Graduation. You will also support the graduates in onboarding onto our Careers platform for external placement as developers, securing their first job in tech.
This role involves day to day management of all tickets logged through our ticketing system, categorising all tickets according to type and urgency, facilitating escalations where applicable, and analysing data on tickets to inform product development and optimisation processes to improve NPS, student retention, graduation rates and overall satisfaction.
- Analyse and report on data on a weekly and monthly basis relating to student concerns, queries, retention and progress issues to the Head of Education
- Analyse and report on data on a weekly and monthly basis relating to student and graduate satisfaction metrics along with public review and referral successes
- Analyse and report on data on a weekly and monthly basis relating to our student base and students who are at risk of disenrollment, pausing, switching and those requiring extensions
- Work collaboratively with the development and education team to iterate on the Discord and Discourse implementation to drive student engagement
- Provide premium, professional and personalised student support for assigned HyperionDev students
- Support and contribute to maintaining, updating and defining student and graduate support processes and policies
- Ensure positive reviews from students are generated on social review platforms
- Identify and engage with lagging, inactive and detractor students to problem solve with them to ensure on time graduation
- Contribute to the overall HyperionDev brand recognition and credibility through student and graduate engagement campaigns
- A completed Matric qualification
- Near-perfect written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ticket management systems and reporting
- At least 2 years of experience in online customer support or a student success role
- At least 1 year of experience working with CSAT / NPS data and engaging with detractors
- At least 1 year of experience managing public reviews, social media accounts or online community engagement
- Fast learner with meticulous attention to detail
- Prior tech startup experience in a high-growth and ambitious environment
- A university degree
- At least 1 year of experience implementing and driving a referral or incentive program
- Experience with Zendesk and Intercom
- At least 6 months of software development experience
- Interest in recent pedagogical advances in computing and online education
- Interest and experience in the coding education and ed-tech space
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.