HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a dynamic Admissions Representative at HyperionDev, with a proven track record of at least 3+ years of commercial, technology or education sales experience, excellent communication skills, an excellent understanding of technology, and a track record of meeting and exceeding targets.
In this role, you will be canvassing schools and presenting information on technical education, employment options, and career progression to scholars who are looking to decide on their next phase in life. Using your previous experience and understanding of the technical recruitment market, you will consult potential students to understand their educational needs and career goals to match their future goals with one of our HyperionDev coding bootcamps which are designed to help those begin a full-time coding career. You will manage the student and parents’ relationship from lead collection to close.
As we begin to develop and grow within the market, as the first Schools Representative, you will be in a position of responsibility within the team, with substantial growth opportunities. You will assist the Head of Admissions in defining the school market segmentation and targeting strategy and processes, whilst optimizing the metrics set for your team. You should be excited about not just working hard in a rapidly growing startup, but building it through your own direct actions and successes in the business. You must be hungry to convert leads to students with the knowledge that our online and onsite courses change the lives of people for the better. You must be ambitious and want to make the most of the tremendous opportunities you'll have, being a core part of a fast-growing team.
- Ensure high energy, informative and engaging presentations are conducted at each school activation
- Engaging with a range of decision-makers within schools in order to secure a time to host HyperionDev Career days
- Working with the Brand and Activation team in order to better understand and execute on growing the School Leaver market segment
- Generating prospective student and parent lists of pupils interested in beginning a career in coding through HyperionDev
- Employing a consultative approach to help guide the parents and pupils through their decision making and application process with HyperionDev
- Working towards KPIs and exceeding lead generation and new enrollment targets set by the Head of Admissions
- Training junior sales staff members, as and when needed
- Ensuring all administration relating to sales is completed effectively in order to provide clear and insightful analytical reports generated in the CRM
- Working closely with other teams and finding opportunities to leverage growth within the school leaver market
- Contributing to process improvements throughout the startup
- Paying attention to competitors and their activities within the e-learning or traditional tertiary education space.
- Present our offering to both students and parents at all our campus open days, our virtual open days and any other info-sessions for this target audience
- Grade 12 Matriculation
- 3+ years of professional services: full-time sales experience in a closing sales or business development role
- 1+ year multiple stakeholder relationship experience
- Experience working in a target drive environment
- Good working knowledge of the tech industry
- Prior experience working with CRMs
- Fast learner with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent use of Microsoft or Google Office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A clear track record of revenue growth and success
- Experience with public speaking, presenting and / or pitching
- Marketing, Tech or Business related Tertiary education of a diploma or a bachelors degree
- Prior experience in an education or e-learning space
- Understanding or knowledge of programming languages such as Java and Python
- Prior experience as a team leader or senior sales position
- Experience with new product development or territory expansion
- B2B selling experience
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Annual leave and medical benefits: We have a generous annual leave policy, as well as health insurance / financial benefits for medical aid for staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in this space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.