HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a creative person to join us as a Junior-Mid Graphic Designer in Cape Town.
In this role, you will be working with the Senior Graphic Designer and the marketing team to create marketing assets for our website, social media, advertising and digital campaigns. You will be designing social media posts, helping conceptualise marketing campaigns, and acting as the main support for all design collateral needed in the team. You will be responsible for interpreting and applying our brand guide effectively and delivering high-quality work that creates a visual impact.
To excel in this role, you must possess creativity, keen attention to detail, and an eye for good design.
- Assist the Senior Graphic Designer in creating high-quality visual assets for the company
- Create design collateral for our website, social media, advertising and digital campaigns
- Ensure that our brand guide is applied consistently across channels
- Help improve the UI of website and our student-facing learning management system
- Pitch creative ideas for our website and social media
- Edit and manage our internal images library
- Edit short videos for social media
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams on design needs.
- Matric qualification
- Min 4 Years experience in digital design
- 2+ years experience in creating Wireframe/UI/UX
- Experience with Figma/AdobeXD/Sketch
- Experience creating animated images and adverts
- 2+ years experience in video production, editing and motion graphics
- Experience in photography
- Strong layout and design skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- A strong team player
- Have a good eye for photography
- Time management and attention to detail are essential
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Only CVs with portfolios will be considered
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in graphic design or relevant field
- Experience with video editing and animation using Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Strong illustrative skills
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in EdTech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.