WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage all environmental, health and safety compliance in the Milwaukee, Milwaukee West and Technical Center locations.
As the EHS Specialist, primary responsibilities include:
- Integrate the company’s safety, health and environmental programs in a manner that promotes 100% compliance with applicable laws, permits, policies and procedures.
- Identify conditions and practices that could lead to injury, property damage, chemical release, business interruption or non-compliance through observation or informal and formal audits.
- Investigate injuries, property damage and chemical releases to determine root cause and contributing factors.
- Manage environmental permits to ensure compliance at the facility.
- Manage MOC process at each facility to ensure all are executed as required by SOP.
- Review of all existing PPE certifications and draft any new as required.
- Coordinate all medical evaluations for employees required to wear respirators.
- Perform product/process specific compliance audits.
- Manage IH monitoring program at each facility.
- Manage PSM program at each facility to ensure all procedures and training are kept current.
- Manage the confined space rescue program. Must make sure the inventory list is kept current and rescue equipment is available and in satisfactory condition.
- Schedule, facilitate, track and perform JSAs.
- Serve as primary contact at each location for agency inspectors.
- Manage emergency response program at each facility to ensure training and compliance are maintained and all responders are qualified.
- Manage and maintain PPE inventory
- Act as First Aid coordinator for each facility. Responsible for scheduling training, maintaining equipment, maintaining BBP control plans and vaccinations.
- Act as Safety Committee Chairperson for each facility. Schedule meetings, track minutes and report findings to Operations Managers.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- This position reports to the Regional EHS Manager and works directly with the local Operations Management.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Safety or Natural Sciences required.
- Three to five years chemical experience with manufacturing background required.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees and management.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
Benefits and perks include 401k and profit sharing, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers