WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage engineering projects at any of the Hydrite Chemical Co. facilities. To perform process, project, and control engineering activities under the direction of the Regional Engineering Manager. The primary focus is the integration of new processes and to evaluate, recommend, and implement process improvements opportunities into any of the Hydrite facilities.
As Process/Project Engineer, primary responsibilities include:
- Manage and perform process and project engineering activities as directed by the Regional Engineer Manager.
- Perform project management activities as Project Manager for the assigned engineering projects within financial, time, and quality constraints.
- Utilize project-management skills and tools to efficiently perform duties, e.g., define project schedules, conduct project-review meetings, publish associated meeting minutes, and document project financial status.
- Process-Engineering activities include the design of chemical process, equipment specifications, development of engineering specifications and standards, P&ID development, and control strategies.
- Project-Engineering activities include procurement, installation, commissioning, and start-up of new processing equipment.
- Promote safety in all aspects of operations so as to improve the safety record at this facility and throughout the company; includes work performed by contractors.
- Support Sales and Marketing activities and provide technical assistance through interfaces with customers.
- Provide engineering support to the Corporate SQRA and CG EHS departments to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and standards (OSHA Construction & General Industry standards, OSHA PSM, RCRA, DNR, EPA, Department of Commerce (Wisc.), OCPSF, NFPA and NEC standards, State Building or International* Code as adopted by each state*).
- Support manufacturing through participation in audits (internal and external), investigations, and corrective actions.
- Support daily production activities by monitoring process performance, trouble-shooting problems as needed, and implementing corrective actions.
- Continuously evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to the plant processes and operating procedures.
- Provide concise, accurate, and timely information to plant and senior management as requested or as required. At a minimum, provide written status reports on assignments on a monthly basis.
- Assist Technical and Sales Management in the evaluation and costing of new opportunities.
- Support ongoing operations and encouraging cross-functional teamwork at the site.
- This position reports to the Regional Engineering Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prefer to have additional education in Project Management.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and pipeline-sizing program.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
Benefits and perks include 401k and profit sharing, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm