WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The Engineering Development Program provides accelerated learning for high potential college graduates who have the desire to excel in today’s fast-paced business environment. The program provides rich job experiences through multi-year rotations, capitalizing on Hydrite’s diverse portfolio of markets and industries we serve. The program participants are equipped with the functional knowledge and skills in preparation for taking on management or difficult to fill roles which will allow Hydrite to achieve our growth goals now and into the future.
The Engineering Leadership Development Program is designed to develop comprehensive engineering leadership skillsets. The program objective is to grow future engineering leaders by providing structured rotational opportunities, career pathing, training, mentoring and experiential development.
Project/Central Engineer: The primary purpose of this position is to manage engineering projects at any of the Hydrite Chemical Co. facilities. To perform process, project, and control engineering activities under the direction of the Director of Engineering and Process Operations. The primary focus is the integration of new processes and to evaluate, recommend, and implement process improvements opportunities into any of the Hydrite facilities. Typical key responsibilities are:
- Manage and perform process and project engineering activities as directed by the Director of Engineering and Process Operations.
- Perform project management activities as Project Manager for the assigned engineering projects within financial, time, and quality constraints.
- Utilize project-management skills and tools to efficiently perform duties, e.g., define project schedules, conduct project-review meetings, publish associated meeting minutes, and document project financial status.
- Process-Engineering activities include the design of chemical process, equipment specifications, development of engineering specifications and standards, P&ID development, and control strategies.
- Project-Engineering activities include procurement, installation, commissioning, and start-up of new processing equipment.
- Promote safety in all aspects of operations so as to improve the safety record at this facility and throughout the company; includes work performed by contractors.
- Support Sales and Marketing activities and provide technical assistance through interfaces with customers.
- Foundational: All successful Engineering Leadership Development candidates will have demonstrated proficiency in People Leadership and living Hydrite’s Safety Culture. Leading hourly employees and Safety Excellence are foundational requirements but need not be initial assignments.
- Elective(s): Developmental rotations in various functions broaden skillsets. Positions including but not limited to Engineering, Continuous Improvement, capital project management, controls/maintenance engineering, and EHS provide excellent development. Candidates should have at least one elective rotation.
- Leadership Capstone: Prior to reaching mid to senior management level at least one functional leadership position should be mastered. Participants must complete a leadership (people-management) rotation in either Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or a related Corporate/Branch Support role.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Majors: Preferred degrees include Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, Biosystems, Biomolecular)
- Prefer to have completed 1-2 internships in an aligned role (prior work experience in Manufacturing preferred)
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software
- Exhibit leadership through work experience, campus activities, and/or community service
- Geographic mobility throughout the program duration is a requirement and recognition that as a company with many locations, relocation will be required. Typical duration of core and many elective rotations is 12-24 months
The program provides formal and informal networking opportunities for participants through coordinated site visits to different facilities, social outings and community service events. These opportunities will involve participants across the different functions (Engineering, Operations, AMID/Sales Development). Standing activities will include:
- Monthly virtual social hour
- Summer Intern Program involvement
- All-Aboard Sales Onboarding participation
- Career Fair participation
Part of the rotational program participant’s role is to represent Hydrite on campus and help to recruit future participants. They participate most often in campus recruiting at their alma matter as recruitment ambassadors, making presentations to students, recruiting at career fairs and participating in interviews on campus.
- Relocation Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (eligible on the first of the month following hire date)
- Tuition Reimbursement – $5,250/calendar year
- 4% company 401K match
- Profit Sharing
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program/Gym Reimbursement- $500/year
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm