WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of a Process Manager is to manage respective vessels of the Cottage Grove East production operations by effectively coordinating all operational activities including inventory, production, the equipment, and personnel in support of the Master Schedule and other Site and Corporate KPIs.
As a Process Manager, primary responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the safety performance of the plant operations.
- Plans and directs daily activities in the production area and activities that support the production area. These activities include, but are not limited to, SOPs, inventory, auxiliary equipment, labor requirements, addressing quality concerns (in-house, NCPs, and SIMS), and training/coaching other department both inside and outside the plant.
- Recommends required labor resources for efficient operation to meet the business objective.
- Continuously evaluates, recommends, and implements improvements to the plant processes and operating procedures.
- Works closely with engineering and the plant management staff to identify and implement process improvements.
- Act as a liaison between all departments that support production. Works closely with Toll Coordinators, Branch Buyer, Manufacturing Manager, Shift Supervisors, and Quality to ensure all departments execute plan as expected. Raises concerns to appropriate levels of management when gaps are discovered. Needs to anticipate failure and be the first to work through issues.
- Monitors plant equipment to insure it is maintained to operate safely and efficiently. Coordinates with the maintenance department so that all repairs are made on a timely basis and out-of-service time adheres to plan dictated by Master Schedule.
- Defines and enforces with the shift supervisors the plant housekeeping standards.
- Works with the E.H.S. department to ensure that safety and regulatory compliance training is conducted to meet Hydrite and regulatory agency requirements.
- Enforces safety and regulatory policies and procedures through a continuous audit and re-education process.
- Implements and maintains all CG and corporate policies, procedures, and required ISO 9000 documentation.
- Creates and revises all commercial product specific SOP’s.
- Manage inventory of product and raw material bulk tanks to ensure proper balance between inbounds and shipments such that production can continue per the schedule.
- Reports all production due by respective vessels into PRISM. Also acts as back-up to other Process Managers to ensure all plant reporting is completed timely.
- Provides written communication to direct Shift Supervisors in meeting the production schedule.
- Upholds Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Support the investigation and corrective action efforts for incidents and accidents
- Maintain ISO 9000 certification.
- Works with process engineering for effective tech transfer of new products.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Operations Manager
- The Shift Supervisor backs up this position. Certain activities may be backed-up by other Process Mangers, the Process Engineers, or the Operations Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering is preferred.
- 2-5 years of chemical process experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have good presentation skills.
- Must have excellent managerial skills as follows: detail oriented, follow up skills, plans and strategies, good motivator, safety commitment, quality commitment, results oriented, assertive, flexible, process knowledge.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Able to sit and/or stand for up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet on occasion.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
Benefits and perks include 401k and profit sharing, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm