WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
M - F, 5:00am - 4:00pm Work Weeks
The primary purpose of a Class A CDL Utility Driver is to function primarily as the yardman, positioning tankers and trailers as needed. This position will uphold the Hydrite “Standards of Excellence” through continuous commitment to customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
As a Utility Driver, primary responsibilities include:
- Move tankers and trailers, with yard horse. This may include both the washing and weighing of tankers.
- Perform all computer transactions on a daily basis to ensure proper visibility and accuracy in the Prism system.
- Fill in for vacations, making assigned deliveries, driving a straight truck, tractor trailer, or tanker.
- Inspect assigned unit daily. Report any items, including the personal safety kit, which need repair.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- May be required to cover for other employees in the plant, warehouse or another driver as directed by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess a valid CDL and current DOT physical certification with all necessary endorsements, including HAZMAT certification. ABCD/NH endorsement.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Ability to operate a forklift; previous experience preferred.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to sit/drive for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to climb a flight of stairs, occasionally.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, repeatedly.
- Ability to handle a 600 lb. drum with a barrel cart up to 40 times per day.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Able to wear a hairnet and beard net, if applicable, with a hard hat.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
Benefits and perks include 401k and profit sharing, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm