WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical engineering support to meet Hydrite’s continuous improvement objectives. This includes the identification of process improvements and the management of those projects through completion. The improvements are focused on cost reduction, cycle-time improvements, capacity generation, and efficient use of utilities, make-versus-buy determinations, material losses and waste minimization.
As Process Engineer, primary responsibilities include:
- Investigate, evaluate and implement process related cost saving improvements such as waste reduction, cycle-time reduction, lower cost raw material qualification, scale-up, and shelf life improvements.
- Investigate, evaluate and implement process related cycle time improvements such as batch process time reduction, continuous process throughput increase, pre/post-batch cleanout time reduction, and quality improvement intended to accomplish capacity generation.
- Investigate, evaluate and implement site energy reduction and/or sustainability improvement opportunities.
- Work closely with Operations and Central Engineering to accomplish team based goals and objectives.
- Works with other team members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary within process improvement and central engineering teams.
- Participates in new business assessment and implementation as needed in support of Technology group. This includes investigation of methods, equipment and processes required to manufacture new products as well as feasibility, costs, capital needs and initial pricing.
- Support internal and external process engineering related inquiries including customer visits as needed (requiring infrequent travel).
- Provide concise, accurate, and timely information as requested or as required. At a minimum, provide written status reports on assignments on a monthly basis.
- Provide guidance and support to Process Improvement Engineering co-ops and interns.
- Support improvements by participating in PHA/MOC process and providing written direction, training and support.
- Coordinate contractors and their activities as needed.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager- Continuous Operations.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in chemical manufacturing preferred
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
Benefits and perks include 401k and profit sharing, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm