WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to assume ownership of an assigned sales territory, or an assigned account portfolio, and manage it with a business plan that facilitates the achievement of the annual performance goals mutually agreed upon with the respective manager.
- ACCOUNT MANAGER MINIMUM STANDARDS
- 3+ Years of Hydrite sales experience.
- Can construct a business plan with Sales Manager assistance.
- Has developed most skills on the job description, and requires moderate assistance from the sales manager to perform at grade level.
- Manages and maintains a sales territory with a mix of medium sized and Top 20 accounts.
- Meet expected gross margin growth goals. (3% gross margin growth)
- Meets established new business goals for new accounts and new business at existing accounts.
- Meets goals for business retention and growth.
- Works with sales manager to manage margin per lb. to achieve maximum margins.
- Is proficient at identifying new business opportunities.
- Is gaining proficiency at utilizing company resources.
- Prepares self-assessment for semi-annual performance review utilizing objective and subjective criteria.
Performance Measures: Changes in volume, margin, revenue, margin per unit, margin %, account retention, and new business. Utilize the “State of the Territory” template as a summary reporting tool. The individual will provide a self-assessment against minimum grade standards.
- Grow and protect the existing business by:
- Constructing and executing a sound annual business plan with some assistance from sales management.
- Building in-depth relationship with decision-makers at key accounts.
- Developing Preferred Account Management Plans at MVC accounts.
- Meeting competitive threats with vendor price supports.
- Making personal visits to key accounts and entertaining the accounts’ decision-makers when deemed appropriate.
- Utilizing detailed and comprehensive reviews of sales history data (12 month perspective) and reporting variances to the sales manager.
- Resolving customer service issues and complaints to the customer’s satisfaction.
Performance Measures: Top 20 margin increases & decreases, new margins & volume at existing accts, number of new resources added.
- Improve gross margins by:
- Identifying competitive situations and negotiating a response that reflects Hydrite’s value-added proposition.
- Using the Price Change Notification System as a tool for improvement.
- Analyzing account/product gross margin data and implementing appropriate price adjustments.
- Responding to “Low Margin Alerts” and “GM% Exception Report”.
Performance Measure: Change in GM/LB
- Obtain new business by:
- Using the Sales Funnel as a sales development tool.
- Structuring programs for customers and prospects that take advantage of Hydrite’s manufacturing and distribution strengths, as well as Hydrite’s financial resources.
- Expected to engage corporate resources to help create competitive advantage.
Performance Measures: New margins & volume at new accts, Number of accounts with margins greater than $1000 and greater than $10,000. GM% of new business.
- Perform all duties outlined within the relevant SOPs and perform all other assigned duties.
Performance Measures: Manager’s assessment
- Maintain current and accurate customer records on E-Sales.
Performance Measure: Demonstration to Manager
- Improve personal skill levels in the following areas:
- Pre-call planning (Goals and agenda) and post-call follow-up
- Selling and negotiation skills,
- Understanding and communicating Hydrite’s competitive advantages,
- Time and territory management techniques,
- PRISM capabilities regarding sales history analyses.
Performance Measure: Manager’s assessment
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary/directed.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the assigned Sales Manager or Regional Sales Manager.
- Works with Operations, TS&D and Corporate Purchasing.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- College education and prior sales experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable motor vehicle driving record.
- Must have the ability to pass all pre-employment testing including, but not limited to background, MVR, and drug screening.
- Must possess computer skills and be proficient at Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and job specific software.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to attend meetings. Ability to sit, work at a computer terminal, and/or talk on the telephone up to 4 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel to customers and stay overnight when necessary.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm