WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to lead and execute the Hydrite strategic safety initiatives as well as ensure the safe day-to-day operation of the Terre Haute operation. Additionally, the EHS Specialist is responsible to ensure 100% compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and requirements.
As Sr. EHS Specialist, primary responsibilities include:
- Integrate the company’s safety, health and environmental programs in a manner that promotes 100% compliance with applicable laws, permits, policies and procedures.
- Identify conditions and practices that could lead to injury, property damage, chemical release, business interruption or non-compliance through observation or informal and formal audits.
- Manage the incident/near-miss investigation system at each facility to ensure the timeliness of all activities in compliance with SOP.
- Manage environmental permits to ensure compliance at the facility.
- Manage MOC process at each facility to ensure all are executed as required by SOP.
- Review of all existing PPE certifications and draft any new as required.
- Perform product/process specific compliance audits.
- Manage IH monitoring program at each facility.
- Manage PSM program at each facility to ensure all procedures and training are kept current.
- Manage the confined space rescue program. Must make sure the inventory list is kept current and rescue equipment is available and in satisfactory condition.
- Schedule, facilitate, track and perform JSAs.
- Keep all contractor safety training current and update training as changes are made.
- Serve as primary contact at each location for agency inspectors.
- Manage emergency response program at each facility to ensure training and compliance are maintained and all responders are qualified.
- Act as First Aid coordinator for each facility. Responsible for scheduling training, maintaining equipment, maintaining BBP control plans and vaccinations.
- Act as Safety Committee Chairperson for each facility. Schedule meetings, track minutes and report findings to Operations Managers.
- Participate in LEPC regularly in conjunction with plant management.
- Assist with chemical disposal and profiling at each facility as required.
- Coordinate medical monitoring as required for each facility, including respirator usage.
- Assess and draft proposals addressing any ergonomic issues in each facility.
- Coordinate with local EMT and hospitals to assure capabilities.
- This position reports to the Director of Safety, and works directly with the local Plant Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Safety, Environmental Sciences or similar required.
- Three to five years chemical experience with manufacturing background.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees and management.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm