WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading and executing safety protocols as well as the Hydrite mission statement. This includes empowering each employee to be accountable and responsible for their efforts and attitudes to guarantee 100% customer satisfaction. The Production Supervisor is a leader and has operational responsibility for continuously improving safety, quality and productivity within the Hydrite WL facility. The Production Supervisor is responsible for teaching, coaching and mentoring employee activities as they pertain to safety, environmental compliance, customer orders, quality/GMP requirements and administrative functions. This position will be compliant with policy No: SF010AF. This position's hours will be: 6PM to 6:30AM on a rotating schedule (36 hours one week, 48 hours the following).
As Production Supervisor, primary responsibilities include:
SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
- Owner of safety and actively lead employees to be compliant in all employee safety, food safety, environmental compliance and quality.
- Complete and follow up on all accident, incident and near miss investigations per AD052AF.
- Ensure all duties outlined in relevant SOPs (GMPs) are understood and adhered to including but not limited to PPE adherence and daily housekeeping.
- Identify and correct behaviors that impact slip, trip and fall hazards as well as strain and chemical exposure hazards.
- Serve as Incident Commander (IC) for incidents on shift and lead ERT response initiatives.Implement Leadership Standard Work practices in daily routine including documented Safe Behavior Visits (SBVs), shift meetings and department walkarounds.
- Assist in permit requirements. This includes LOTO, confined space entry and hot work.
- Participate in regulatory, health and safety compliance and process training initiatives.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems to Process Managers, Manufacturing Manager and Quality Management upon observation of known or potential issues.
- Possess knowledge and compliance of Hydrite’s safety, regulator and work rules.
- Supervisor is the lead contact for operators on shift to address operations concerns, direct personnel labor needs and promote employee engagement and teamwork to meet facility needs.
- Provides daily communication to and from operators and management.
- Proactively coach, teach and mentor employees using daily communication as well as periodic and annual performance evaluations.
- Document employee performance on T-charts and recognize and reward where appropriate.
- Promotes employee engagement and teamwork.
- Ensure all employee training is completed on time. Identify additional training requirements where appropriate.
- This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Preferably in chemistry, technology, or equivalent.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm