WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of the Business Development Manager in California is to grow Hydrite’s market share within identified geographic areas across a diversified range of food manufacturing customers while representing Commodities, Food Ingredients, Sanitation programs.
As Business Development Manager, primary responsibilities include:
- Achieve annual margin goals by leading and executing full sales cycle, including prospecting, building a pipeline, and contract execution for new customers
- Develop and execute a strategic business development plan for the territory and create reliable forecasts
- Collaborate with Technical Services and Field Services to assist in customer evaluations, new plant surveys and sales presentations
- Facilitate effective cross-functional communication which includes generating call reports which details call objectives, discussion and assigned follow-up with timelines
- Provide monthly business activity summaries and sales funnel updates to Food Group management
- Create appropriate business analyses and operating profit modeling on any new sales growth opportunities to insure acceptable margin contribution
- Maximizes time in the field (minimum 3 days per week) to expedite the closure of target accounts, interface with the field sales and management staff
- Ensure all account information and activity is current and updated on SalesForce/CRM system
- Establish key partnerships with industry experts to accelerate Hydrite’s growth and brand visibility within the assigned region
- Negotiate long term purchase agreements with target corporations
- In partnership with Regional Managers, identify and close new sanitation, food ingredient, commodity and intervention chemical opportunities within region
- Stay informed with changing needs of target accounts and communicate to Hydrite team
- Attend trade shows and food/dairy industry events in order to build Hydrite’s name recognition and expertise in industry
- Coordinate and communicate customer requirements to Sales, Operations and Purchasing management
- Maintain active involvement in key food industry associations and assists in trade show representation
- Communicates needs to appropriate TS&D and Technical personnel as it relates to key accounts
- Work with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary
- Support effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team
- This position reports to the Business Unit Director.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university preferred; technical or marketing degree a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in a food industry
- Proven experience selling in Business to business industry
- Ability to prioritize while managing multiple customers and prospects
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce and other job-related software.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm