WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
Our Senior Purchasing Agent is to be principally responsible for the sourcing, negotiation, cost management, and contracts for all assigned product categories. The Senior Purchasing Agent is focused on maximizing net profitability utilizing supply chain management techniques, while complying with the Corporate Purchasing Department’s policies and procedures.
As Sr. Purchasing Agent, primary responsibilities include:
- Manage assigned product responsibilities:
- Negotiate pricing, delivery, business terms and contracts with suppliers
- Foster positive and in-depth supplier relationships to drive innovation, cost reduction and continuous improvement
- Provide timely and professional responses to internal and external customers that will lead to the acquisition of new business
- Follow operational controls to assure accuracy of costs and timely implementation of cost change notifications (CCN)
- Initiate and evaluate supplier bids and proposals
- Develop contingency plans of supply and allocate inventory if needed
- Act as a liaison between customers (internal and external) and suppliers
- Improve gross margins for assigned product categories:
- Analyze account / product margin data and implement appropriate action plans
- Develop and execute category management strategies
- Identify and execute supply chain improvements and cost reduction initiatives
- Communicate market conditions to sales through internal blog communications, monthly and quarterly market reports
- Set goals and objectives based upon annual requirements and business objectives
- Obtain new business:
- Negotiate vendor cost supports for specific opportunities
- Promote new and existing products and sources of supply
- Work closely with, and follow up with sales on new opportunities
- Revisit past opportunities with sales and sales managers
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required. Technical degree preferred
- Three or more years of prior purchasing or sales experience preferred
- At least one year of experience in chemical manufacturing preferred
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Self motivated with strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- High degree of professional integrity and ethics
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm