WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the Cottage Grove East production operations through effective utilization of assets and personnel. In addition, this role supports the goals and objectives identified as critical to the success of the Process Business Segment and Hydrite Chemical Co. The shifts and hours for this position are subject to change, but must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
As Production Supervisor, primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the performance of plant operations as outlined in the annual goals.
- Work with the EHS department and Training Coordinator to ensure that safety and regulatory compliance policies, audits, and training are conducted per Hydrite requirements.
- Maintain training records for each employee regarding process specific and vessel specific training.
- Assume Incident Commander Responsibilities for all incidents on shift. Requires being a member of the emergency response team and associated training.
- Identify incidents/accidents/near misses and communicate through submittal of incident investigation form. Support investigation as needed. Address corrective action as identified.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all corporate policies, procedures, and ISO 9000 requirements.
- Responsible to provide direct leadership and supervision to the employees on shift and to set an example for all employees of the plant.
- As communicated via Building Manager notes or otherwise, direct and follow-up on all production activities.
- Responsible to ensure that all employees follow the product specific SOP’s and the necessary PPE requirements.
- Complete PRISM entries as necessary.
- Monitor and manage waste fuels, waste water, and dirty empty drum inventories to support the plant operation.
- Manage the loading, unloading, transloading, and monitoring of storage tanks, tankers, and railcars.
- Responsible for the proper documentation of bulk shipping and receiving.
- Responsible for all truck drivers who enter the east side facility.
- Maintain shift coverage schedule of Production and Utility Operators, including vacation management, and communicate to employees when they are required to work.
- Maintain clean and organized production, site and office area.
- Guide employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to ensure employee development.
- This position reports to the Lead Production Supervisor.
- The Process and Utility Operators report directly to this position.
- This position interacts with Building Managers, Toll Coordinators, Laboratory, Maintenance, Warehousing, and Planning.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A technical degree is not required, but is desirable.
- Five years of chemical process experience preferred.
- Must have excellent supervisory and leadership skills in an organic manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience in organic polymerizations is desirable.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- CDL license with hazmat endorsement preferred or willing to be trained.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm