Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
Looking for a career that will allow plenty of upward mobility and growth potential?
The primary purpose of this position is to assume ownership of an assigned sales territory, or an assigned account portfolio, and manage it with a business plan that facilitates the achievement of the annual performance goals mutually agreed upon with the respective manager.
- Manages and maintains a sales territory of Top 20 accounts including a large number of distributors.
- Grow and protect the existing business by:
- Constructing and executing a sound annual business plan with some assistance from sales management.
- Building in-depth relationship with decision-makers at key accounts.
- Developing Preferred Account Management Plans.
- Meeting competitive threats.
- Making personal visits to key accounts and entertaining the accounts’ decision-makers when deemed appropriate.
- Utilizing detailed and comprehensive reviews of sales history data (12-month perspective) and reporting variances to the sales manager.
- Resolving customer service issues and complaints to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Performance Measures: Top 20 margin increases & decreases, new margins & volume at existing accounts, number of new resources added.
- Improve gross margins by:
- Identifying competitive situations and negotiating a response that reflects Hydrite’s value-added proposition.
- Using the Price Change Notification System as a tool for improvement.
- Analyzing account/product gross margin data and implementing appropriate price adjustments.
- Responding to “Low Margin Alerts” and “GM% Exception Report”.
- Performance Measure: Change in GM/dollars
- Obtain new business by:
- Using the Sales Funnel as a sales development tool.
- Structuring programs for customers and prospects that take advantage of Hydrite’s manufacturing equipment and distribution strengths, as well as Hydrite’s financial resources.
- Engaging corporate resources to help create competitive advantage.
- Performance Measures: New margins & volume at new accts. GM dollars of new business.
- Performance Measures: Changes in volume, margin, revenue, margin per unit, margin %, account retention, and new business.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary/directed.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Director of Sales – Foam.
- Works with Operations, TS&D and Corporate Purchasing.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College education and prior sales experience preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience or industry management.
- Ability to construct a business plan with Sales Manager assistance..
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable motor vehicle driving record.
- Must possess computer skills and be proficient at Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and job specific software.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to attend meetings. Ability to sit, work at a computer terminal, and/or talk on the telephone up to 4 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel to customers and stay overnight when necessary.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers